Olay Foaming Face Wash for Sensitive Skin  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • The ingredients list mentions Glycerin, which I like and also it does not have the mention alcohol anywhere on the list
  • The cleanser comes in a convenient pump dispenser bottle
  • I bought it for about S$8.00, which is quite reasonable for a 200ml (6.78 fl oz) bottle
  • But a strange thing I noticed with this cleanser was that even thought it says soap free and suitable for sensitive skin

• by true_value

100% oil free, 100% soap free, fragrance free, allergy and dermatologist tested. There are the claims that got me attracted to the Olay Foaming Face Wash for Sensitive Skin.

My skin type is sensitive oily skin and easily prone to break outs if I don’t use the right products. The products aimed at oil control and acne is the ones that irritate my skin the most.

I was on the look out for a mild and gentle cleanser to keep my sebum production balanced and something that would sooth my skin. I had been using the Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser for couple of years and although I liked it a lot I felt that my skin was getting used to it and was

starting to look dull and leathery.

When I saw the Olay Foaming Face Wash I wanted to get it. The ingredients list mentions Glycerin, which I like and also it does not have the mention alcohol anywhere on the list. The cleanser comes in a convenient pump dispenser bottle. The bottle was in while and the cap cum pump dispenser in black.

The product label at the black claims to be specially created for the needs of sensitive skin to gently clean, refresh and care and help to maintain a fresh youthful appearance. I felt it was just perfect for me.

I bought it for about S$8.00, which is quite reasonable for a 200ml (6.78 fl oz) bottle.

The cleanser has is translucent with ...

• pearly shimmer and is runny in texture. It foamed really well and felt smooth and silky on application all over the face and did not irritate when I was focusing around my eyes. The first time I used it I did not remove my makeup just to check how well the cleanser cleans and if it could also remove makeup.

The cleanser rinses off easily and my skin felt soft afterwards and not dry and stretched. I was very happy, as it also seemed to remove the dullness of my skin.

But after about three days my skin started breaking out and I felt that my skin was getting oilier than before I continued to use it as I have heard that when you switch products

it will initially cause breakouts till the skin gets used to the new product.

I continued for couple of weeks and my condition only worsened. I don’t know what was causing it. Perhaps the cleanser was too mild for my skin I am not sure. But a strange thing I noticed with this cleanser was that even thought it says soap free and suitable for sensitive skin. It made my palm and hands to dry out so much that it got itchy. It puzzled me because the cleanser is allergy and dermatologist tested.

Unfortunately I had to stop using it. I gave it to my sister who has normal skin and she had no problems using it and in fact she loves it.

Olay Foaming Face Wash for Sensitive Skin

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 318061132951030/k2311a068/6.8.10