Safety 1st Tubside Kneeler and Step Stool  » Housewares  »
1.0
  • So, when I saw this kneeling stool, I thought it would help the situation since I would be a bit lifted up when in the kneeling position
  • The stool cost around $20, so I decided to purchase it
  • The first time I tried it out, I noticed several problems with it
  • After a couple uses, I decided that it wasn't helpful for bathing baby, but I still used the stool part for the kids as a step stool to help them reach
  • For the price of this stool, I think I could have found something better

• by mariekay

We have a deep bath tub in our bathroom, which makes it difficult when bathing babies since there is a need to bend way over, or stand and lean over in order to reach into the tub. This can be hard on my back, and the kneeling on the floor is hard on my knees. I have a day care and I watch two babies. They often need baths during the day, and although my tub is not ideal, it’s the only option since they are both too big now to bathe in the sink.

So, when I saw this kneeling stool, I thought it would help the situation since I would be a bit lifted up when in the kneeling position. The stool also has pockets to

hold shampoo and other bath accessories. It had a cushioned arm rest that attached to the side of the tub to rest your elbows on. It could also be used as a step stool for the older children who can’t quite reach the sink to wash their hands or get a drink of water. The stool cost around $20, so I decided to purchase it.

The first time I tried it out, I noticed several problems with it. First of all, the suction cups that attach the arm rest and basket part would not stick to the tub. They kept popping off and wouldn’t stay. The device didn’t fit my tub very well, either. It’s really not made for deep tubs and the fit was ...

• really awkward. I didn’t find the stool to be particularly comfortable either, even though it was slightly padded, it was no easier on my knees than kneeling on the floor. After a couple uses, I decided that it wasn’t helpful for bathing baby, but I still used the stool part for the kids as a step stool to help them reach. The rest of the product was useless to me and I ended up throwing it away. Now I just place a towel over the tub for my elbows and one on the floor for my knees.

When the product is used just as a stool, it’s okay. The bottom of the legs of the stool are prone to slipping, so it really shouldn’t be used by

kids without supervision. For the price of this stool, I think I could have found something better. This one feels like it’s made of cheap plastic and it just doesn’t seem sturdy. For me this was not a good purchase since I can’t use it for what it’s intended for, it didn’t help with bathing the babies, and even as a step stool it’s not great.

I would not recommend this product. Although the concept is good, the product is low quality and not useful. I would suggest purchasing an inexpensive step stool instead, and just using towels for cushioning your knees and elbows. Even for $20, this product isn’t a good value for the price since I ended up throwing half of it away.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 538061132881030/k2311a068/6.8.10