L’Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base Secret No. 1  » Cosmetics  »
0.5
  • Thankfully, I had a few extra minutes then I thought because I ended up having to go back to the store and buy some PROPER foundation, as that's not what this was at all
  • It's an all-over oily problem that I deal with on a daily basis, though it's worst during the summer months because of the humidty
  • Little did I know, they are ALL close to my fair skin because it's only TINTED
  • I think they should be a little more clear about what this product is really supposed to do, because it's a bit of a misleading product in the end
  • Didn't really do much of anything but cost me $13 that I could've spent on something else

• by Anasuya

I have to admit that I really didn’t understand what this product really was. I figured, based on the name of it, the L’Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base Secret No. 1, that it was a base or foundation but it’s not that at all. I just grabbed something because I was in a hurry and needed something to put on when I got to work. Thankfully, I had a few extra minutes then I thought because I ended up having to go back to the store and buy some PROPER foundation, as that’s not what this was at all.

I have very persnickety skin. It’s an all-over oily problem that I deal with on a daily basis, though it’s worst during the summer months because of the humidty. I also have blemishes that are worst certain times of the month and totally gone other time of the month, so instead of buying two seperate foundations for different coverages, I want one foundation that looks and feels light but covers my blemishes very thoroughly. If it was

just a matter of uneven skintones (which I have as well) then I wouldn’t complain about needing a moderate coverage foundation. And I purchased the L’Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base Secret No. 1 because it falt-out said it was light and silky and “goes on smooth” and will “banish imperfections”. I also got it because it’s supposed to hide pores, and I have very large pores on my cheecks and nose so that seemed like the most promising part of this product. And I didn’t pay much more attention to it than that when I picked it up off the shelf.

There were many there, and I’d assumed they were all differenct colors and just reached for the one that’s closest to my fair skin. Little did I know, they are ALL close to my fair skin because it’s only TINTED.

This is basically more a primer. I actually had to look it up online because I kept telling myself that no way was this a foundation, and sure enough, if you look it up on ...

• the internet, you’ll read that it can be used under your normal foundation. It doesn’t say that on the packaging, so I was left assuming it WAS a foundation. I was a little frustrated.

And, as a primer, I don’t even think it did that good of a job either. It’s $12, which isn’t too bad of a price, but I expected more from L’Oreal. It IS light-weight, like it says, and my skin feels smooth when the application dries, but that’s about all I can say about it. I didn’t find that it improved the appearance of my pores at all, with or without the addition of a foundation on top of it. I didn’t find that it reduced the appearance of imperfections, much less “banished” them, which perhaps too big a claim for this product to make considering all it does is prepare the skin for the application of a foundation.

I think they should be a little more clear about what this product is really supposed to do, because it’s a bit of a

misleading product in the end. Oh, and it’s supposed to be a matte finish. Not so at all. Granted, I do have oily skin, but no way was this matte for even five minutes before my oil production started working its evil magic on it. And I can’t blame my oil totally because I’ve used primers and foundations that DO control my oily skin.

I wasn’t real happy with this product at all, not only because I was expecting a foundation, but because it didn’t even really work as a primer. My skin felt nice, but it didn’t look any nicer and when you have blemishes that you’re trying to hide, you need a good and reliable product to turn to. I found that this isn’t that product at all for me. May work better for naturally flawless skin, but at that point, why would you need it? Didn’t cover or dimish the blemishes at ALL. Didn’t help makeup apply more smoothly. Didn’t really do much of anything but cost me $13 that I could’ve spent on something else.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 318061132500930/k2311a068/6.8.10