Bank of America checking  » Finance  »
1.0
  • I would recommend you choose another bank

• by StarbaseOne

I had an account with Bank of America for 12 years. For online banking, Bank of America is one of the worst banks out there. The site is difficult to navigate, and often the information you need is “temporarily unavailable” and you need to check back later. Sometimes I need to wait days to see all my transactions listed for the past month. Many times I went to check my posted transactions, and the site said “try again later.”

Bank of America has a lot of hidden charges, and they

don’t define these on your statement. They are all just listed as “service charge.” You’ll be charged for just about everything you do. I was charged $30 to receive a $400 wire transfer. I was charged 3.50 for using a non-BOA ATM machine. Then I was charged $2.15 for making an online purchase from a foreign seller. Finally, my Free checking account was charged $7 because I didn’t have the minimum balance of $3000. This had changed from “free if you make 5 card purchases,” ...

• but they didn’t tell me this.

The customer service at Bank of America is useless. Completely useless. They are understaffed, so you wait up to 40 minutes to get any phone help. Then, they read a script from a card, and can’t give you any real help. Email support is even worse, they just send you a pre-written response: the same reply everyone gets. They have a dozen prepared emails and just hit a number that is closest to yours. When I called and said I need to

closed my bank account if they cannot help me, they didn’t try to talk me out of it. It was OK for them to lose a customer. They don’t care.

I would recommend you choose another bank. Bank of America has a poor website, bad customer service, and loads of hidden fees that are not described on your statement. They keep downsizing, so there’s very little help offered to their customers. I had many bad experiences with them over many years, and finally I switched to another bank.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 428061132330930/k2311a068/6.8.10