HP Pavilion Slimline PC s3310la  » Computers  »
  • I used Vista a few months but it was unbearable and I decided to rip it off and install Ubuntu Linux (9.04) and the PC works great
  • Overall I think this is a great computer for office use

• by protoboard

At work I’m using a HP Pavilion Slimline computer. It’s a s3310la that comes with an AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core processor, an integrated NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE video card, 250GB SATA hard drive and 1GB of DDR2 RAM. It’s a pretty decent configuration and I really like this computer’s design. The CPU is a mini (or micro?) tower that has the dvd-rom vertically lined with one USB port and a headphone jack in front. There

are another four USB ports on the rear. The PC also comes with a 19 inch widescreen LCD monitor with very clear colors.

I really enjoy working with this computer. I do know but at first I hated it because it came with Windows Vista Home Basic installed, the worst operating system I’ve ever used. It is not HP’s fault that Windows Vista is such a crappy operating system, but it’s their fault that it came ...

• bundled with their computers. I used Vista a few months but it was unbearable and I decided to rip it off and install Ubuntu Linux (9.04) and the PC works great. While I’m currently using Linux I have also used it with Windows 7 and it runs more fluid and light than Windows Vista did.

Overall I think this is a great computer for office use. I use it mostly to create and edit webpages (editing

html with text editors), I run many browsers at the same time and I got not a single complaint. I use it to edit video from time to time too and although it feels slow for that job I have always get the work done on time and for video editing I really like the widescreen monitor. It’s been a year now since I have this computer and don’t see any need for changing for a new one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 198061131950830/k2311a068/6.8.10