mupen64plus Nintendo 64 Emulator
  • Since I lost my console many years ago the way I have to play Nintendo 64 is by using an emulator, and the best emulator is mupen64plus

• by protoboard

It’s been 14 years since Nintendo released it’s Nintendo 64 video game console. The jump they did from the SNES was huge and the Nintendo 64 just opened a revolutionary world in both graphics and gameplay. Nintendo has released two game consoles since then but I still enjoy playing N64 games. Since I lost my console many years ago the way I have to play Nintendo 64 is by using an

emulator, and the best emulator is mupen64plus. It is an free and open source emulator wich can run in Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. It’s plugin based, so there are many options available to play games the way they need to be played.

There are a few games I usually play on mupen64plus like Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros and ...

• Paper Mario. All of them runs flawlessly, but that’s not the case with all games, there are someones that just don’t work like Yoshi’s Story (it works, but gameplay is just to slow and the sound has many glitches). There’s a list of supported ROMS on the official site of mupen64plus.

For me Nintendo has always released the best video game consoles and being able to replay some great titles from their

consoles, like the ones of Nintendo 64 it’s very nice, and the best way of doing it using your PC for the task is using mupen64plus, there’s just not another emulator that could compete with it. The only complaint I have is that there’s no way of playing The Legend of Zelda Majora’s Mask… I hope the developers of mupen64plus can fix the particular problems with that game in future versions of the emulator.

Robert says :

OMG It’s better game of word D

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 288061131940830/k2311a068/6.8.10