Courtyard by Marriot: Danvers, MA  » Hotels  »
275 Independence Way, Danvers, MA 01923
  • As long as you have a GPS you won't have a problem
  • I thought the public areas of the hotel were right on par for a Courtyard
  • I found it quite a convenience since I didn't have to walk far to meet my colleague in the lobby every morning
  • It isn't so small that you can't see it, but it's definitely not a large screen
  • Whether you're in for business, taking a trip, or whatever, if you stay at this Courtyard location you certainly will be impressed

• by Richard

I booked two rooms at this Courtyard location for three nights, one for me and one for my business colleague. We got a good deal on Priceline, and we were pretty thrilled to be staying at a Courtyard for what we paid (only $55 a night per room). The list price was $89, so this isn’t a very expensive hotel to begin with. It’s located behind a mall, making it a little difficult to find. As long as you have a GPS you won’t have a problem. However, be sure to remember that the building looks a lot like a 19th century government building and not a hotel. This makes it very easy to miss if you don’t catch the signs.

The lobby is tastefully put together. Just lavish enough to not be gaudy but still hold the feel that you’re in a more upper level hotel. It also had a large lounge area where I could sit and do my reports in the

morning if I didn’t want to do them in my room. I thought the public areas of the hotel were right on par for a Courtyard.

My room was on the ground level just two doors down from the lobby. I found it quite a convenience since I didn’t have to walk far to meet my colleague in the lobby every morning. The room was quite spacious and well laid out. The decor was tasteful and lavish only subtly. It wasn’t gaudy at all. They certainly did a good job laying out the rooms and choosing the decor. The TV was a little small but it’s not too bad. It isn’t so small that you can’t see it, but it’s definitely not a large screen. The bed was probably the most comfortable bed I’ve ever slept in. It was just the right firmness and softness. Of course there are varying opinions of the comfort due to preferences, but there is no doubt you’ll find ...

• the bed very comfortable, no matter what your preference is. The bathroom was well stocked with clean and spotless towels, a few bars of soap, a few bottles of shampoo, and enough toilet paper to last me two years. It wasn’t the biggest bathroom I’ve seen but it wasn’t small.

It had far enough room to move around. The hot water was hot and consistent. I really enjoyed the room; it’s an excellent value for the listed $89 a night price tag.

The hotel has a restaurant located right behind the lobby, however I didn’t dine at it. It’s a little expensive for my budget. If you don’t want to eat at the hotel, then you will have absolutely no trouble finding a restaurant that suits your cravings. Within walking distance are a myriad of restaurants. It’s right behind the Liberty Tree mall. It even has a Home Depot right next door, which was very convenient. Its location is probably the best I’ve come

across in my career.

The housekeeping was rather good.My towels were all replaced, I received even more soap and shampoo, and my bed was neatly made. My only complaint (and it’s not even a complaint) is that on the second morning my full trash bag wasn’t replaced with an empty one. It was replaced the first morning so I figured the person probably forgot. Other than that it was flawless.

Overall my three night stay was excellent. I have no complaints at all about my stay. I now book my employees there every time they need to stay in Danvers. All of them say it’s one of the better hotels they’ve been to, and none of them can believe that the full price is only $89. It’s one of the better values I’ve come across. I highly recommend this hotel for basically anybody. Whether you’re in for business, taking a trip, or whatever, if you stay at this Courtyard location you certainly will be impressed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28061131710830/k2311a068/6.8.10