Aveda Be Curly Hair Care Range  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • I bought the new Aveda Be Curly hair care set from my local hair salon recently
  • I have used the hair products a couple of times now, but I have to say I haven’t noticed any difference to my hair either in its condition or its curliness
  • Buying hair products from a salon does indicate a higher standard in a product, especially when you consider the slightly higher price you pay for the products, but so far I haven’t found this Aveda range lives up to my expectations
  • One thing I have noticed is that I have to use a lot of the shampoo to really cover my head and get a good lather
  • The real problem with this range though, is with the curl enhancer

• by sampriestley

I bought the new Aveda Be Curly hair care set from my local hair salon recently. The set comprised of a shampoo, a conditioner, and a curl enhancer, and came in a very handy black canvas bag. I have already used the bag on its own while on holiday as it makes a good shopper and is sturdy and quite large.

I have used the hair products a couple of times now, but I have to say I haven’t noticed any difference to my hair either in its condition or its curliness. I have naturally curly hair which I keep long, but I do have to cope with frizz and

anything I can find to help with this is a godsend.

Buying hair products from a salon does indicate a higher standard in a product, especially when you consider the slightly higher price you pay for the products, but so far I haven’t found this Aveda range lives up to my expectations.

The shampoo and conditioner seem pretty standard. They smell nice and are easy to use. One thing I have noticed is that I have to use a lot of the shampoo to really cover my head and get a good lather. In contrast I have only found I need a very small amount of the conditioner before I ...

• feel I have covered all my hair. The result of this is I am getting down my bottle of shampoo an awful lot faster than I am my conditioner.

The real problem with this range though, is with the curl enhancer. Again, it smells pleasant, quite ‘earthy’ and organic, which I presume is to reflect the fact that the bottles all state ‘pure flower and plant essences’. But I wouldn’t put too much faith in that, as the bottle of curl enhancer also states ‘intensifies curl, combats frizz and boosts shine on curly or wavy hair’. So far, this product hasn’t achieved any of those things on my hair. I have

tried using varying amounts of the curl enhancer. Too much and my hair feels sticky. I used a moderate amount, just enough to pass through all my hair and, once my hair had dried I couldn’t wait to wash the stuff out, it felt awful. So I used the product very sparingly after that and found that my hair remained very frizzy and unruly, just as if I hadn’t used any product at all.

While the Aveda Be Curly shampoo and conditioner are ok, I have yet to find the right way of using the curl enhancer for my hair and I don’t think this particular product is working for me at all.

Aveda Be Curly Hair Care Range

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317061131650330/k2311a067/6.7.10