Hawkins Futura: Hard Anodized Pressure Cooker 5 liter (33.8 fl oz)  » Housewares  »
  • I bought the Hawkins Futura Hard Anodized pressure cooker 3 years back
  • The packing comes with the Pressure Cooker, a handy cleaning brush specially made for the cooker, a grid and the very helpful Futura cookbook which is my favourite
  • I have tried many dishes from the cookbook and my family has enjoyed them thoroughly and there are still more to try
  • I very highly recommend the Hawkins Futura and repeat what the packing says “ health, wealth, happiness and the time to enjoy it all”

• by true_value

It is the only pressure cooker to have been displayed in the Museum of Modern Art in New York till date. That says about the classic yet futuristic look of this elegant cookware.

I bought the Hawkins Futura Hard Anodized pressure cooker 3 years back.

Although, I already had a regular model Hawkins pressure cooker with an aluminium body I felt the necessity of an additional cooker so that I didn’t have to juggle with just one.

It wasn’t easy making the decision to buy the Futura for reasons that my regular Hawkins cooker was cooking great I had no complaints with it and I couldn’t imagine how the Futura could be any better aside from its stylish looks. And the price was much higher than my regular one, almost double. My regular aluminum cooker priced at $42.00 and the Futura at $80.00 both of the same cooking capacity.

What tempted me into finally buying the Futura was its claim to cook 46% faster than a microwave, extra safety features, It body both inside and outside to be non-tarnish, hard anodized, scratch proof with a Satilon finish.

The Satilon coating as I was informed by the representative is

trademark of Hawkins and is known to be extremely stick resistant, scratch resistant and non-reactive with food. It also gives the Futura that elegant stylish look that sits pretty on the kitchen stove or even the dining table.

I have not regretted even once for my purchase. The Hawkins Futura is in a class of its own and so much more efficient and easy to handle that it is just above any comparison with all other pressure cookers.

I have been using it everyday for 3 years and loving it. It still looks like new including the yellow sticker label on it that has not slipped off even with all that heat and washing, not a single scratch on the body inside or out and perfors just the way it did the first time I used it.

It is a breeze easy to clean the Futura it just needs a bit of soap and rinsing, does not require scrubbing. Food never sticks to the insides and most of all cooks unbelievably fast. The still remember the first time I made chicken curry in it. With my other cooker I would wait for up to 5 whistles ...

• which is approximately 20 minutes. With the futura I was not sure how long it might take and I didn’t want to end up with half cooked chicken so I let it cook for abt 15 minutes 5 minutes lesser than I normally would. But when I opened the lid the chicken was so overdone the bones were crumbling like that of canned sardines.

It cooks way faster than you can imagine. I just have to put the cooker on the stove and wash a coulple of cups and I am done. It took me a while to adjust to the speed of it. Initially everything was getting overcooked until I got the hang of it. With this you don’t have to count whistles but just watch time once the steam starts flowing out it takes only seconds after that for vegetarian dishes and couple of minutes for meats.

Another good thing is no matter how hot the body gets the handles remain cool to the touch and unlike other cookers the steam releases on the opposite side and not full on face and everywhere. To release stream I don’t have to look for a spoon

to lift the whistle just a press with my finger on the plastic shield over the vent will do it.

The packing comes with the Pressure Cooker, a handy cleaning brush specially made for the cooker, a grid and the very helpful Futura cookbook which is my favourite. It has all the important operating instructions and recipes tested with on Futura. It has 82 Indian and 54 International recipes in an easy to follow method. I have tried many dishes from the cookbook and my family has enjoyed them thoroughly and there are still more to try.

If at all there was something I could complain about it then it is the weight. The Futura is heavier than the regular cooker, I can feel that especially when cleaning and storing it.

Overall this is a great investment for a healthy lifestyle, making wholesome home cooked food enjoyable and saving so much of time and money. Not to mention how much fuel/energy it saves in the long run.

The Futura can be bought online from many online dealers including Amazon.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 537061131490330/k2311a067/6.7.10