Ponds Sandal, Pure Sandal Talc Powder with Natural Sunscreen  » Cosmetics  »
  • I prefer using talc as it helps absorb sweat and keeps skin feeling fresh for longer
  • I loved the fragrance so much and although I like the smell of Sandal not every Sandal product smells good
  • Which is good for me because I love to use perfumes and this does not interfere too much with it
  • I bought the 100gm pack for just about S$3 and it lasts me about 5 months as a little goes a long way
  • I highly recommend the Pond’s Sandal talc to everyone

• by true_value

This is what I use as loose powder to set my foundation and as a body deodorant.

Although these days there are so many body sprays and expensive loose powders I find that the Pond’s Sandal talc is most effective and economical. While body sprays are easy to use they tend to leave a residue on my skin. Many of the body sprays and deodorants have alcohol in them and the non-alcohol ones feels sticky.

I prefer using talc as it helps absorb sweat and keeps skin feeling fresh for longer. Initially I had bought the Ponds Sandal Talc for use only on my body. I loved the fragrance so much and although I like the smell of Sandal not every Sandal product smells good. Most of them are enhanced and so they smell too overpowering

and cloying.

The Sandal fragrance from the Ponds Sandal is mild and very pleasant. Which is good for me because I love to use perfumes and this does not interfere too much with it. If at all the mild sandal fragrance adds a new dimension to my perfume.

The talc comes in an attractive plastic bottle with a unique sprinkler that is unlike the usual round twist to reveal sprinkler and twist to lock cap but instead is a sprinkler with only three holes which allows just the right amount of powder and not dispense like a shower head as is the case with the regular sprinkler caps. The holes have a slide cover that is easy to use and keeps the powder from spilling and helps to retain its fragrance. The cap comes sealed when buying ...

• which is a good thing.

I bought the 100gm pack for just about S$3 and it lasts me about 5 months as a little goes a long way. It also comes in family size pack of 500gm.

The color of the talc powder is beige and that is what prompted me to try it as a loose powder on my face and I have been loving it since. The talc does not contain any mineral oil or any oils for that matter and keeps my foundation looking matt and fresh all day. It is perfect for my oily skin and it also provides a natural sunscreen which is an added bonus. I haven’t bought a loose powder ever since I started using this couple of years ago.

The ingredients list is pretty basic but I don’t see the

mention of Sandal in it, which means that the mention of Sandal in the powder is the fragrance and not Sandalwood powder. It would have been wonderful if the Talc did contain some Sandalwood powder and not just its fragrance. There is a mention of Iron Oxide, so the beige tint in the powder perhaps comes from it. Iron Oxide however is non-toxic so it is nothing to worry about. The packaging claims the powder to be Safe & Natural.

Overall it’s is a wonderful talc with a very addictive fragrance keeps me feeling fresh all day and it is just the perfect thing for me to use on my face as well. It keeps my face looking fresh and oil free and has not irritated my sensitive skin one bit.

I highly recommend the Pond’s Sandal talc to everyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317061131390330/k2311a067/6.7.10