Benefit Erase Paste Concealer in Fair  » Cosmetics  »
  • But I love to put this as a corrective tint in the corners of my nose, given its creamy texture, it withstands my oily nose better than liquid formulas if I plan on skipping foundation
  • I like the paste because it creates a cleaner covering

• by jhunie

A breakout is a major bad-day bummer, just makes you flinch when you’re greeted with a red zit in front of the mirror. Even more horrible, is realizing you’ve practically lost your concealer out there somewhere, a typical beauty crisis. Instead of cancelling my entire day in contempt, I took it as a cue to finally replace my bb cream for a better one. I remembered a few days before. My sister borrowed my urban decay concealer. I phoned her confessing she had it in her case. Ignoring her chuckles, I just dismissed

the incident and bought this Benefit Erase Paste concealer. I wanted a multi-tasking concealer for purely cosmetic purposes than going for the same blemish creams that sting.

Blemish creams are medicated cover ups used to alleviate the swelling while camouflaging the redness. Though bb creams may dry out the zit fast, it burns and leaves ugly scarring such as dark spots. The benefit paste reminds me of MAC’s studio finish concealer. It’s an opaque over-all cover up. Benefit tends to settle in a powdery finish which is a bit drying for people who need ample moisturization. I’ve gone through mineral concealers as well and previously pencils in solid preparations, some worked but only a few believably creates a blemish-free coverage, therefore, most of these products were not effective in concealing blemishes, other than erasing fatigued circles under the eyes.

This concealer is quite thick. In a way, it works to bring a fuller concrete covering but it creases if I apply it on corners. The fair shade appears too saturated, exaggerating the yellow tones of my skin especially when slathered under the eyes to cover blown up bags. The tacky paste doesn’t ...

• Benefit Erase Paste Concealer in Fair
      deliver a lift around the eye area. But I love to put this as a corrective tint in the corners of my nose, given its creamy texture, it withstands my oily nose better than liquid formulas if I plan on skipping foundation. I just dot an amount for flat blemished areas, whereas raised lesions require more extensive cover up. This light beige shade is very opaque it truly erases the redness.

Another thing I find so remarkable is that it doesn’t flake out. I do tretinoine peels to treat the affected skin but it’s hard not to

fill the red spot without reflecting the flaky patches with liquid concealers. I like the paste because it creates a cleaner covering. The creamy pigments are also quite blendable on skin. I set everything with a perfecting loose powder to increase its wear. I have oily skin and this wears out eventually, but it’s always the case for generally most of the cosmetics I use. For 25 dollars, this is a must-have for folks beset with acne-prone skin. I thereby recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317061131370330/k2311a067/6.7.10