Movie: Star Trek First Contact  » Movies  »
  • I'm not sure I like it as much as the movies that had Captain Kirk and the crew from the origional series, but it is still decent
  • If you haven't had a chance to watch this film, I suggest doing it at least once

• by Review Vigilante

I had the baby early this morning and ended up trying to find a good movie to watch. I ended up watching a film I hadn’t seen in a while; Star Trek First Contact.

I’m actually not a huge fan of the Star Trek Next Generation films like this one.

But, overall, this movie isn’t too terrible.

I’m not sure I like it as much as the movies

that had Captain Kirk and the crew from the origional series, but it is still decent.

Basically, the Enterprise does some time traveling (again) to stop the Borg (again) as they attempt to re-write history by stopping Earth’s first warp test; the thing that causes the first contact with the Vulcans and essentially causes the whole Star Trek series.

The thing I like about this movie is ...

• you get a brief glimpse of some of the untold history behind the Star Trek series (like what Warp drive really is and how our world went from what it is to what is imagined in the series and in the movies).

You don’t get enough of that from other films or the television shows.

And, I have to say, that fight with the Borg is pretty cool;

mostly because the one female leader is one of the creepiest aliens I have ever seen (especially toward the beginning when she is nothing but a head and a spine) and I’m talking horror movies as well as movies like this one.

If you haven’t had a chance to watch this film, I suggest doing it at least once.

Even if you aren’t a Star Trek fan, I’m sure you’ll enjoy this one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 117061131350330/k2311a067/6.7.10