NARS Versailles Nail Lacquer  » Cosmetics  »
  • A week earlier, I spotted NARS’ delicious finger-licking polishes lined up for display
  • I stifled a laugh upon hearing that unnecessary information because I have a couple of chanel polishes, including Gold fiction which is by far, the best gold lacquer I own
  • I thought maybe because of the ill-lit store, the nail lacquer had a taupe-ish tinge but I soon found out it’s actually lighter
  • What I love about it, are the fine pigments that make discernible gold color right away in a single swipe
  • Otherwise, it’s one of the best lacquers I’ve seen of late at 16 dollars and I’ll truly recommend it

• by jhunie

A week earlier, I spotted NARS’ delicious finger-licking polishes lined up for display. I knew I had to see one of those nail treats but never had the time, or spare money then. I was particularly enthralled by a light gold shade named Versailles. I was told it had some resemblance to Chanel’s Gold Fiction. I stifled a laugh upon hearing that unnecessary information because I have a couple of chanel polishes, including Gold fiction which is by far, the best gold lacquer I own. Upon a glance, it’s obvious Versailles seems to have more refined fluid

pigments. Though, I wasn’t utterly sure. I thought maybe because of the ill-lit store, the nail lacquer had a taupe-ish tinge but I soon found out it’s actually lighter.

Versailles is a champaigne gold polish, which explains its pleasant light saturation. It’s actually yellow with a metallic sheen. It’s literally similar to the fake foile paint used to garnish furniture or cascading foliage such as in a baroque church. It glints of gold but not enough concentration to be convincing. I can indeed say it’s a favorable, easy color to wear as an alternative to Gold Fiction. What I love about it, are the fine pigments that make discernible gold color right away in a single swipe. It doesn’t have any garish flecks of gold shimmers, somewhat dusty in finish when allowed to dry thoroughly.

Many nail art enthusiasts have a high regard for Gold fiction, some even wear it as a two-toned gold and black French tip manicure. I have been intrigued to try exactly the same thing topping Versailles with a very fluid opi black polish and boy it was a perfect match. I suggest though you grow your nails fully before doing this ...

• NARS Versailles Nail Lacquer
      or else, the graphic two-toned effect will give your short square nails a squatter appearance. I also love Versailles on my pedicures, and I’m amazed it remained as good as new, unchipped for a full week until now.

The polish has longer wear on hands as well. It lasted about 6 days before dents started showing up on the inner crease. It’s smooth, applies well and no streaking. It’s less creamy than Gold fiction so I doubt you’re gonna have problems in terms of application. The lacquer settles on its own which is wonderful; no sketchy, rough brush

strokes. The lacquer comes in a square bottle with a really stubby matte black handle. The only thing I found faulty was the plastic handle which is squarely short and fat. I’d appreciate if it’s devised with a slender handle for easier, precise touch ups especially when it’s D.I.Y. manicure that requires a lot of multi-tasking. The handle just makes it difficult to give it a shake. Otherwise, it’s one of the best lacquers I’ve seen of late at 16 dollars and I’ll truly recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317061131300330/k2311a067/6.7.10