The Mark of Zorro Movie  » Movies  »
  • Basically, this is one of the best tellings of the story of Don Diego and his decision to create a secret identity (Zorro) in an effort to free California from an evil Spanish ruler
  • The thing I love about this film is how he manipulates everyone
  • This is a fantastic action film I would recommend to anyone

• by Review Vigilante

When I was a kid, I was a huge Zorro fan. The reason for this was the old black and white movie The Mark of Zorro.

I got a chance to watch this movie again today and, even after all these years and after seeing it quite a few times, I still love this Zorro movie more than any other that has been made since.

/> Basically, this is one of the best tellings of the story of Don Diego and his decision to create a secret identity (Zorro) in an effort to free California from an evil Spanish ruler.

The great thing about this movie is he doesn’t dress the same as other Zorros after him.

He looks more like a typical western bandit.

But, the sword fighting sequences are ...

• some of the better ones I have seen in any movie.

The thing I love about this film is how he manipulates everyone.

He is an excellent fighter but pretends to be a weakling throughout and fools everyone from his own father to the woman he loves (though he does reveal his true intentions to her the second he gets permission to marry her from

her uncle; who also happens to be the bad guy).

This is a fantastic action film I would recommend to anyone.

There’s just enough violence to keep it entertaining but, for the most part, it is suitable for just about everyone in the family.

In fact, I plan on watching it with my daughters in the hopes they will find it as memorable as I did when I was their age.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 117061131290330/k2311a067/6.7.10