The Notebook Movie  » Movies  »
2.5
  • But, I just didn't like the film as much as I thought I did

• by Review Vigilante

I watched the movie The Notebook some time ago and thought it was a pretty decent, unique movie. But, today, I ended up watching it again. I’m not sure why.

But, I just didn’t like the film as much as I thought I did. Perhaps my views and preferences have changed.

Or, more likely, I got caught up in a rare moment where I

didn’t notice the movie wasn’t as good as thought. I’m thinking the latter because, for the most part, I do still like the same kinds of movies I liked a few years ago.

The movie isn’t terrible. But, let’s face it, it is a true chick flick.

And, while I’m not as opposed to watching chick flicks as I once was, I still can’t ...

• find a point in them. The film is about an elderly man reading a love story to an elderly woman.

And, while the story is OK, the reality is the movie is pretty darn predictable. You know the elderly couple is the same couple in the story and he’s reading her the notebook so she remembers (she has alzheimer’s).

I also wasn’t a huge

fan of the ending, the part where he crawls in bed with her and they die at the exact same time. You are only going to see that in Hollywood and stuff like that puts too much pressure on men when their wives and girlfriends see it.

Again, it isn’t the worst movie I’ve ever seen. But, if you’ve seen one chick flick, you’ve seen them all; including this one.

The Notebook Movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 117061131230330/k2311a067/6.7.10