Highway Patrol: Officer’s Wife TV Show  » TV  »
  • It's interesting that they chose to make this type of show
  • What I like about the show is that it does show the balance
  • This is quite possibly the best episode I've seen

• by Orrymain

From season two of Highway Patrol, Officer’s Wife focuses on the difficulty of being the wife of a California Highway Patrolman. It opens with Officer Jerry March dying in the line of the duty and Chief Dan Mathews delivering the news to the March’s widow, Patty (Carol Thurston). She was pretty calm actually, maybe too calm; at least while being told about

it. That could be part of the persona.

This police drama didn’t deal with the personal lives of its officers too much. This was the 27th show of the second year, and off the top of my head I only recall one other episode that had a personal side to it. It’s interesting that they chose to make this type of show.

• I’m surprised to see it, in fact.

We get to hear the wife’s point of view, not from Patty, but from Linda Wylie (Cecie Zito), the wife of Officer Ed Wylie (Larry Thor). He ends up resigning because of her fears and getting a job as a salesman, a job set up for him by Mathews.

What I like about the show is that

it does show the balance. The wife is not portrayed as a demanding woman. The husband realizes how hard she’s tried to cope, but that she simply isn’t happy. A lot of shows don’t show a balance like this; it’s often weighted to one side or the other, so I was definitely impressed.

This is quite possibly the best episode I’ve seen.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 107061131110230/k2311a067/6.7.10