The Ray Bradbury Theater: Punishment Without Crime TV Show
0.5
  • Donald Pleasance is a highly regarded actor who has done some amazing work and some really questionable work

• by Orrymain

Okay, The Ray Bradbury Theater: Punishment Without Crime is another one of those weird stories that I need to watch three or four times to really get it, but I don’t want to. Once was plenty.

Ray Bradbury is certainly a talented and gifted science fiction author, but he’s oftentimes way over my head, and I’m a science fiction genre fan. I’m glad he did this series, which aired on cable over

several years, but some of the episodes leave me shaking my head in confusion and boredom. I can safely say that Punishment Without Crime is one of those shows.

The story is something about a man getting a facsimile copy of a woman. Maybe she’s his wife. I don’t recall. It was all such a scrambled and odd story. It was going to take a couple of weeks to ...

• get the facsimile made, so they put him to sleep, since he wouldn’t survive otherwise. Weird. This is some crazy advanced society that isn’t advanced in the ways that count. Then the story gets even more weird, and I’m not even going to attempt to try and say what happens.

Donald Pleasance is a highly regarded actor who has done some amazing work and some really questionable work. For me,

Punishment Without Crime is somewhere in the middle, and that’s only because it’s from Bradbury’s mind. Coming from anyone else, I’d say it was insane.

Obviously, I don’t care about this very odd story and nor do I care to see it again to try to understand whatever it was I missed in my initial viewing. Suffice it to say, watch at your own risk. I’m not recommending this crazy story.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 107061131040230/k2311a067/6.7.10