The Ray Bradbury Theater: The Small Assassin TV Show
0.5
  • I don't Rosemary's Baby or any movies like that, so naturally, I don't like The Ray Bradbury Theater

• by Orrymain

Think Rosemary’s Baby and you have the idea that is center stage to this April 1988 production, The Ray Bradbury Theater: The Small Assassin. Alice Leiber (Susan Wooldridge) has just become a mother, only it was a very unusual delivery and from the get go, she claims the baby is trying to kill her. She says he screams anytime her husband isn’t

home. Of course, everyone assumes she just needs time to adjust.

As viewers, we don’t really know the story because we don’t witness anything except for odd music, heavy breathing, and perhaps some eye movements. As I watched, I wasn’t sure if I should assume this meant the wife was right about her claims, or if it was staged to throw us off ...

• the real story.

Leigh Lawson, who looked familiar though I can’t place him in anything else I’ve seen, plays David Leiber, the husband and proud father. He’s convinced they can get through everything. At first, he’s comforting, but he finally reaches a boiling point and argues with Alice.

Fast forward and eventually the family doctor arrives, and what he finds isn’t pretty. What

he’s about to do they don’t show, thank goodness.

I don’t Rosemary’s Baby or any movies like that, so naturally, I don’t like The Ray Bradbury Theater: The Small Assassin, either. It’s nothing but depressing, and I don’t really understand the entertainment value here. The acting was good, but the plot is so uncomfortable that it doesn’t matter.

For me, this one is a definite pass.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 107061131030230/k2311a067/6.7.10