The Ray Bradbury Theater: Banshee TV Show
1.5
  • In my opinion, much of this story is just way too slow
  • I suppose they call that setting up what is to come, but I think they could have done it quicker and better
  • I wasn't impressed, though, with the character or the story itself

• by Orrymain

The Ray Bradbury Theater: Banshee takes place in Ireland where the folklore is very strong. They have the legends of the banshee, and that’s what this half hour story tackles. The science fiction tale begins with American Douglas Rogers arriving at the Irish manor where he’ll be staying. That’s innocent enough.

Played by Charles Martin Smith, Rogers is a writer. Peter O’Toole plays the

manor’s owner and Rogers’ employer. I’ll say here I’m not a big O’Toole fan. He’s never been my style. It’s his character that spurs on Rogers’ actions when they hear the moans from the ground, which the employer explains as the banshee, or the spirits that roam the land when someone is too die.

In my opinion, much of this story is just way too ...

• slow. I’m not into horror stories or very quiet tales. This one is a mixture so, like O’Toole, it’s really not my style. It’s simply too dark for my tastes. I suppose they call that setting up what is to come, but I think they could have done it quicker and better.

For me, I’d rather watch the brighter Darby O’Gill and the Little

People and deal with his banshee than what we get here, which I didn’t feel was all that entertaining.

In this episode, the ghostly banshee is played by Jennifer Dale. She certainly has the accent and the look of the overly dramatic dead. I wasn’t impressed, though, with the character or the story itself.

Frankly, once is enough, and it was hard enough to get through one time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 107061130930230/k2311a067/6.7.10