Banzai Cannonball Splash Backyard Inflatable Water Slide  » Housewares  »
  • I found this water slide, and it was much less expensive than other ones that I had seen
  • One thing I don't like about this product is that it comes in two separate parts
  • The problem I had with our was that it got a hole in it the first week we had it
  • Overall, I think this product is a fun toy for the price

• by mariekay

I purchased this water slide earlier this year. I was looking for something to have in the back yard to keep the kids entertained and cool during the hot summer months. The weather turned warm rather early this year. It was already heating up in March, and our pool wasn’t up yet. My husband didn’t want to set up the pool until May, so we needed something as an alternative until then. I found this water slide, and it was much less expensive than other ones that I had seen. The price was around $35, so I picked it up and brought it home.

The water slide is more like a ramp, as it isn’t a very steep angle. The kids can get a running start and then jump onto the ramp and slide down into the

pool below. The pool has inflatable soft sides so the landing is cushioned. The product also comes with an inflatable body board that allows the kids to ride on their stomachs and get a faster speed. The little kids like to sit on their butt and go down the slide, while the older kids enjoy going right on their stomachs.

One thing I don’t like about this product is that it comes in two separate parts. The ramp part and the slide part connect together with velcro, and often they come apart, especially if the kids are being rough. I wish the product came as one continuous piece so that it didn’t nee to constantly be put back together.

Overall, the kids like to play in it and it’s a nice way for them to cool off. The actual ...

• slide and pool are smaller than they appear on the packaging picture. The directions say it’s for ages 5 and up, and I have a 7 year old daycare girl that is almost too big for it. I let the 3 year old play on it with no problems. The “pool” at the bottom is really only meant to be a landing spot, not a wading pool, because if one of the kids is sitting in there while another one is using the slide, the kids in the pool will get plowed over. This toy requires close supervision by an adult to prevent accidents.

The body board that is included is a nice addition to the toy. It makes the kids go faster down the slide. The problem I had with our was that it got a hole

in it the first week we had it. It was a slow leak, so I just had to keep blowing it up after a couple uses by the kids. After a while the hole must have gotten bigger because I could no longer keep it inflated, so I ended up just throwing it away. Now the kids just go on their butts or bellies.

Overall, I think this product is a fun toy for the price. I don’t expect it to last more than one summer since the kids a pretty rough on it. But, it works out well for those hot days that the kids need to be cooled off. Since I’ve purchased the water slide, we have also put our pool up, so now the kids enjoy both on hot days.

Banzai Cannonball Splash Backyard Inflatable Water Slide

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 537061130550230/k2311a067/6.7.10