Protégé 5-Piece Value Luggage Set  » Travel  »
  • I like the compartments included in the larger suitcases
  • Overall I think this luggage set was a good buy for us
  • This is definitely a good value for 5 pieces of luggage at under $50

• by mariekay

We took a vacation last year and were in need of some new luggage. Since we were going to be gone for over a week, the old luggage we had was not enough to hold all the items that we needed to bring. I was looking for a luggage set that had a couple large suitcases, and also some smaller ones that could be used as carry-on luggage.

This luggage set was less than $50, which is much less expensive than other sets I had seen. The set comes with one large suitcase that has several compartments and also has wheels and a sturdy handle in case you want to drag it behind you. This feature comes in very handy when walking through airports.

The set also has a smaller suitcase that is similar to the larger one in features, it’s essentially a miniature version of the main suitcase. A duffel bag is also included in the set, and the duffel also has the wheels and handle if you prefer to drag it behind you rather than carry is in your hands or over your shoulder. If you don’t want to use the wheels, there is a hand handle as well as a shoulder strap attached. The smallest bags are 2 carrying cases that are the perfect size for carry-on bags. The smallest one is the right size for a camera or sunglasses.

I used this entire luggage set on our vacation, and was really glad I had purchased it.

• For the price, it seemed to be a high-quality set. The wheels and handles worked out great when in the airports and even walking to our destination. The smallest bag came with me while sight-seeing since it held my camera and other items. I took some things out of my purse and put them right into the small bag so I didn’t have to carry my purse with me everywhere we went.

I like the compartments included in the larger suitcases. I was able to separate out certain items within the zippered pouches on both the inside and the outside of the suitcases.

Another feature I liked about the luggage set was that when each piece is empty, they fit inside each other nicely for easy storage.

All four of the smaller pieces fit into the larger one so they don’t take up too much space when not in use.

Overall I think this luggage set was a good buy for us. I can’t say how well it would hold up for the frequent traveler, since we only travel a couple times a year. But for our trip last year, I was really glad to have it. This is definitely a good value for 5 pieces of luggage at under $50. Now I use the duffel bag and smaller pieces to take with us on camping trips, and so far everything has held up well. I hope to get many more years out of this luggage set in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 387061130480130/k2311a067/6.7.10