Baby Einstein Great Barrier Reef Soother  » Baby care  »
  • I attached it to the baby's crib, and I found it to be a bit heavy and awkward
  • I peeked through the door, and noticed that the baby just stared at the toy for a long time, and eventually did in fact doze off
  • For me, this toy was a good purchase overall, and I would recommend it to anyone who has a baby or cares for a baby that needs a little extra help falling asleep
  • This toy is a good investment in my opinion and really has been helpful for baby at nap time

• by mariekay

The Baby Einstein Great Barrier Reef Soother is a toy that can be attached to baby’s crib and is designed to sooth baby to sleep. It has little moving plastic fish inside a clear water-like gel and it plays music and lights up. I saw this toy at the store and thought it would be perfect for the baby that I have in my day care. The price was a bit high, around $40, but I figured that if it could sooth baby to sleep it would be worth it.

I got it home and tried it out to make sure that it worked before attaching it to the crib. The design was really cute with an aquarium theme, and the lights and sounds seemed to work

well. The lights and sounds dim over time, allowing baby to drift off to sleep. The toy also came with a remote, which comes in handy in case you need to turn the toy back on without having baby see you.

I attached it to the baby’s crib, and I found it to be a bit heavy and awkward. Once I got it in place, however, I liked how it looked and was excited to see how baby would react to it for the first time. The next day at nap time, I turned on the toy and baby seemed very interested in it. The nice thing about it is that with all the lights and movements and sound, baby is too distracted to remember to ...

• cry and fuss when being put down for a nap. I peeked through the door, and noticed that the baby just stared at the toy for a long time, and eventually did in fact doze off.

The music and lights last about 25 minutes, so there have been a couple times that I have had to use the remote to turn it back on if baby wasn’t quite asleep yet within the 25 minutes. The remote is a nice feature since baby can’t see me turning the toy on. I did notice that over time, they toy seems to play music for shorter amounts of time than when it was new. Baby still loves it, though.

The only thing I would change about the aquarium crib

toy would be to make it a little more soft or maybe padded. It’s made of a really hard plastic so if baby kicks it or bumps it, it’s might cause some pain. It would be nice if it was made of cushion or cloth instead of hard plastic.

For me, this toy was a good purchase overall, and I would recommend it to anyone who has a baby or cares for a baby that needs a little extra help falling asleep. The price of $40 might seem like a lot, but to get a baby to get a restful sleep is priceless. This toy is a good investment in my opinion and really has been helpful for baby at nap time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 547061130440130/k2311a067/6.7.10