DrScholl’s For Her High Heel Insoles Women’s Sizes 6-10  » Health  »
  • I know, that was a pretty tall order, and I was hoping that the DrScholl's For Her High Heel Insoles Women's Sizes 6-10 were up for the task
  • No way did I think I'd make it wearing heels
  • Problem with these not having the colored fabric is that my foot stuck to the gel, and it was hard to get my foot into my shoe, after inserting these insoles, because my foot kept catching on the gel before I ever got it all the way in
  • Took me a good ten minutes before I found a comfortable position for my foot in the first place, and I hadn't even gotten out the door yet
  • When I first got my foot in the shoe and was able to walk around and test them out, I noticed that it felt like the pressure was almost immediately off the balls of my feet, which was definitely good, because that's where all the pain is in that first hour (and then for the rest of the day)

• by Anasuya

I don’t wear high heels very often, but when I do they always kill my feet just within a matter of minutes. I literally can’t even go a half an hour in a pair of heels without beginning to limp. I have to wear insoles in my regular tennis shoes because I have a high arch that has fallen over the last two years and causes me a great deal of pain when I’m on my feet all day, so it stood to reason that when I needed to invest in a pair of heels, I also needed ot invest in some insoles for them as well. I can’t use generic insoles for heels because those shoes don’t allow for much extra room and insoles are usually so thick that they crowd my foot into the shoe and cause even more pain than if I’d just gone without them. Plus, I have a painful fungus in one of my big toes (from wearing shoes that were too tight to begin with), and it’s very painful for me to wear

tight fitting shoes now anyway. I certainly can’t have an insole jamming my toes into the toe of a shoe. And when I wear heels, my feet always slide forward to the toe in the first place, so I was trying to find an insole that would keep my foot in place, prevent slipping, not take up too much room, but still offer the support I need for my arch. I know, that was a pretty tall order, and I was hoping that the DrScholl’s For Her High Heel Insoles Women’s Sizes 6-10 were up for the task.

It’s supposed to provide all day comfort too, which I was going to need because I was helping a friend during her shower and needed to be dressed nice from the minute I arrived until the minute I got home some seven hours later that night. No way did I think I’d make it wearing heels. I had open-toe shoes, as well, more like a peep toe, with a strapy back, so I had to find an insole that wouldn’t be ...

• noticeable, and these Dr. Scholl’s were actually a clear gel, so as to be more discreet than those that typically are covered with a colored fabric.

Problem with these not having the colored fabric is that my foot stuck to the gel, and it was hard to get my foot into my shoe, after inserting these insoles, because my foot kept catching on the gel before I ever got it all the way in. Took me a good ten minutes before I found a comfortable position for my foot in the first place, and I hadn’t even gotten out the door yet! I honestly expected more from a product that cost me more than $10 for a single pair.

Time would tell, I suppose. When I first got my foot in the shoe and was able to walk around and test them out, I noticed that it felt like the pressure was almost immediately off the balls of my feet, which was definitely good, because that’s where all the pain is in that first hour (and then for the

rest of the day). It has like this lifted gel section in the middle of the insole that supports the arch in such a way that it’s like an all-over balancing act that keeps the pressure over the entire foot and not just the balls.

My feet did still start to hurt, but it was about four hours into the day before they did, and that’s the longest I’ve ever gone wearing a pair of heels without pain, so I suppose they did a good enough job. But, another downside to the gel was that my feet started to sweat, and that’s when the friction began. When my feet started sweating they also started slipping to the front of the shoe, and then the cut out peep-toe part was digging in to my toes which didn’t help my discomfort factor either. It has a great design as far as shape and padding, and it really didn’t crowd my feet, but it still needs some perfecting before it’s a great insole. That gel just isn’t a good idea against the foot.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 347061130140130/k2311a067/6.7.10