Berjaya Georgetown Hotel  » Hotels  »
1.5
Penang, Malaysia
  • The second experience I had with the hotel was pretty nasty, as I had made a booking 3 months in advance for a friend who was visitng, and it turned out the hotel did not reserve a room for the booking, even though I had the booking numbers and confirmation, and yet it was not captured in their system
  • I was quite disappointed with the hotel management

• by MBFX220
      I have had a couple of experiences with Berjaya Georgetown Hotel, Penang. The first time I made a booking to them, it was smooth and everything was fine.

I checked in with a friend and the front counter was nice and the service was ok.

The room was decent, for its price approximately USD30++ per night, but it was not as clean as it

shows on their website.

The deluxe room size was considerably large for 2 person, but the furniture was rather old and worn out, cleanliness was still acceptable though.

Location wise, the hotel was right in the city of Georgetown, it was located conveniently beside a shopping mall, a within walking distance from a few famous tourist spots.

The only thing I had to complaint was the lift, it had only 3 lifts, which was not enough to cater for the amount of guests, I had to wait for more than 20 minutes for the lift to get down to the lobby.

The second experience I had with the hotel was pretty nasty, as I had made a booking 3 months in advance for a friend who was ...

• Berjaya Georgetown Hotel
      visitng, and it turned out the hotel did not reserve a room for the booking, even though I had the booking numbers and confirmation, and yet it was not captured in their system.

To make things worst, it was a weekend on a school break, all the rooms were fully taken up.

We had a nasty arguement with the management and they denied they

had ever received the booking despite the hard evidence I had produced to them.

So my friend ended up with another hotel and paying almost double for the same type of room as it was a last minute check in on a peak season.

With the unpleasant experience I had with the hotel, I would rate them 3/10.

I was quite disappointed with the hotel management.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22012112950431/k2311a1220/12.20.06