Covergirl Outlast Lipstain: Blush  » Cosmetics  »
  • Looking for a lipstain, I decided to give the new Covergirl Outlast Lipstain a try
  • There are a variety of colors to choose from, and I chose Blush, a peachy-pink stain that I thought would be just the right amount of color
  • I was also disappointed with the general application of the stain

• by Stroots

Looking for a lipstain, I decided to give the new Covergirl Outlast Lipstain a try. There are a variety of colors to choose from, and I chose Blush, a peachy-pink stain that I thought would be just the right amount of color. The price was right; it was only $9 at Target, as opposed to $20+ for other lipstains on the market.

Overall, I have not been pleased with the lipstain and think that I may have been wise to spend the extra money and get a higher quality product.

First of all, the color was different than I expected. Instead of a pretty “Blush,” like the name suggests, it is more like a neon pink that must be subdued immediately by blotting off the extra and then ...

• gliding on a neutral lip gloss. I was also disappointed with the general application of the stain. I felt like I was putting magic marker on my lips, and the color seemed to go on in an uneven manner. I couldn’t help but be put off by the smell, as well. It smells strong, almost like a cross between a permanent
        market and a medicine cabinet.

On the positive side, once the stain is on, blotted, and covered with a lip gloss, it does give a pretty “glow” that seems to last for hours. It does stain your lips, so even when the lip gloss wears off, the color stays.

Overall, this was a disappointing purchase, but another example of “you get what you pay for.”

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 315061129390430/k2311a065/6.5.10