SM Advantage Card  » General services  »
2.5
  • Aside from these things, what I like most about this mall is their privilege card known as SM Advantage Card

• by rickyet

One of my favorite place for shopping, dining and watching movies is SM City. It’s actually a large mall located in almost all parts of the country.

They have all you need from bags to shoes, to the foods you crave for and the latest movies available.

Aside from these things, what I like most about this mall is their privilege card known as “SM Advantage Card”.

From the

name itself, this SM Advantage card offers lots of advantages and privileges.

You could use this every time you shop or buy gasoline at its affiliate gasoline station to earn points.

You could also just simply present the card to some of its affiliate fast food chains when you dine there and you can get your freebie (the most common is ice cream or burger).

You’ll even gain points ...

• when you buy movie tickets.

Isn’t that nice? Your points can later be exchanged with a gift check or you could use it directly to purchase something from their supermarket or department store.

We have done that many times already and it was really great.

The feeling of buying something without paying even a cent! Though this card has a membership expiration, meaning you have to renew it annually,

it’s still OK because your points would still be credited and you could still use it eventually.

For me this card has really no advantage at all.

Why would it be called an advantage card after all? So if you love to shop here and you don’t have one yet, don’t waste the points! Make a trip to any SM Mall by tomorrow, sign up and have the card for only 100pesos!

Azriel says :

I had an advantage card that was more like a disadvantage. It slowly gained points, but it costs more to maintain it than the benefit I get from it, maybe this is because I am not an avid SM shopper. I am more seen in Landmark Dept Store and Supermarket. Ever since I found that my points would expire if I do not renew the card, it became a burden more because i rarely used the points (because there was none) and the renewal fee has been just another source of SM to earn from their customers. If they want customers to feel the advantage, then the cards must not expire, like the Suki Card of Mercury.

Kay says :

Hi Azriel. You may be happy to know that you can now use your SM Advantage card in Waltermart Supermarkets and also earn points, just show them your card at check out. Hope this helps.

steff says :

can i use my father’s sm adntge card to buy in sm hypermarket even if he is not with me?

Galega says :

You can do shopping with your father’s SM advantage card. There won’t be any problem.

Sylvia L. Briones says :

What if i lose my advantage card?

steffany cabillo says :

Hi Sylvia,
    In case of lost or damaged Membership Card, the Membership Card maybe replaced by MCI following the guidelines stated in the Member s Manual. The Member agrees to immediately report the said incident in writing or by calling the SM Advantage Hotline Number immediately to report the lost SM Advantage Card. MCI should not be held liable for a Member s lost or redeemed SM Advantage Points whether or not the Member immediately reported the lost SM Advantage Card.
    There hotline number is
    Metro Manila: 833-8888
    Outside Metro Manila:1-800-10-833-8888
    or you can visit their website at

-16
    Merriam g. Veluya says :

Hi,, I lost my sm advantage recently,, how do I know the earning points,, and shall I get my replacement card. With that points?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 255061129200430/k2311a065/6.5.10