Magic the Gathering CCG: Dark Ritual (Game)  » Games  »
  • For the cost of one black mana, dark ritual in turn provides three mana instead
  • I know that I enjoy it and certainly cannot complain
  • I love to trade cards that I seldom use to obtain more dark rituals to use in trades with newer players
  • This not only helps my personal gaming experience, but helps to provide a valuable tool for the newer player

• by Zoey7879

Magic the Gathering is a fun, collectible card game where players are “wizards” who face each other on the battlefield for control of the land. The players fight each other through the use of a deck of cards. Each card represents a land or mana type, artifact, creature, or a spell of some sort. There are five spell colors available in addition to the artifacts.

Black card decks are extremely popular amongst players who prefer a challenge and want to win the game through strategy. One of the most popular and sought after cards available is the black card called “Dark Ritual”. For

the cost of one black mana, dark ritual in turn provides three mana instead. This is like exchanging one penny for three! How can anyone go wrong on that great of a deal!

Dark Ritual is one of my favorite black cards in the game. Many black cards have high a high mana cost, which makes the progress of getting cards into play somewhat slow. Another one of my favorite things about dark ritual is that it can provide a bigger amount of manner to be used in card combos where the card cost features X mana. When a card features X mana, this ...

• means that any number of mana can be used. These cards typically add or subtract power and toughness to and from other creatures, damage other players directly, or even help a player gain life points or prevent damage. I know that I enjoy it and certainly cannot complain! Typically, only one land can be played per turn, so by the fourth ten there is a potential to have 12 mana instead of just four!

I find owning four dark ritual cards to be vary satisfying. Dark ritual cards are sometimes featured in reprint editions or expansions to the game. They are highly

sought cards for their value in the game and as part of trades with other players. On the second hand market, a used dark ritual card averages $0.75 to $1.25 per card, depending upon the expansion. I love to trade cards that I seldom use to obtain more dark rituals to use in trades with newer players. This not only helps my personal gaming experience, but helps to provide a valuable tool for the newer player! The more new players are instructed and the better cards that they have, the more of a challenge they provide which makes my game play very satisfying!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 285061129070430/k2311a065/6.5.10