JML Easy Stitch Max Sewing Machine  » Housewares  »
2.5
  • When I saw this cute portable sewing machine in ACE Hardware, I really loved it and I decided to get one for myself
  • It's small, mostly plastic, and light and portable, and I don't think it could sew thick and hard fabrics like those of the jeans
  • One thing that I noticed about it is that you won't be able to get good results, if you have not inserted the thread properly
  • I found this advantageous because you would really know when you've done something wrong
  • With it's size, I think I can also teach my niece how to use it so that she can sew clothes for her barbie dolls

• by Alex_29

I’ve always been passionate about clothes, and it was always my dream to design and to make my own clothes. When I saw this cute portable sewing machine in ACE Hardware, I really loved it and I decided to get one for myself. Since its pretty expensive, I made some small sacrifices just to be able to buy it.

Honestly, I was kind of hesitant of it’s quality at first. It’s small, mostly plastic, and light and portable, and I don’t think it could sew thick and hard fabrics like those of the jeans. I also was thinking that it could not sew fabrics like silks and satin. So, the only fabric that I could use through is is cotton. Although the sales person demonstrated to me and told me it’s unbelievable capacity, I was hardly listening. Anyway, I went home happy and excited for the new stuff that I have. Since I could not afford the bigger and high quality sewing machines, settling to this cute little thing is still fine with me. Since I already know how to sew using a machine since I was 10, the first time I used the new sewing machine was just fine.

There are numbers indicated on it that you can follow in order to properly insert the thread from its place up to the tip of the needle. One thing that I noticed about it

is that you won’t be able to get good results, if you have not inserted the thread properly. I found this advantageous because you would really know when you’ve done something wrong. Usually, the stitches are just bad, or the needle won’t move at all. I tried it with an ordinary cotton, and everything was fine. I was satisfied. However, when I tried it with fabrics that stretches, something went wrong. The needle shifts and jumps. The stitches are not fine at all. Some are shorter and some are longer. It worried me because I really like to use fabric that stretches. They are great for clothes. When I tried it with a light denim, it works just fine. But with a thick and heavy denim, the needle broke! I never gave up. I changed the broken needle and look for other fabrics that I could try to be able to know its limitations. I tried a thin fabric that glides, quite similar to silk but thinner, the stitches are also not okay. I came into conclusion that the sewing machine only works best on ordinary cotton. But one good thing about the machine is that there are options on how tight you would like the stitches are. There’s also an option on the sizes of stitches, whether you want it bigger/longer, or smaller/shorter.

The next thing that I tried was its zigzag stitches.

• There are several options for the sizes of zigzags. It works just okay, although it does not really fixes the edges to make it better to look at. But it will only be inside so it did not bother me that much. I’m still glad that I can zigzags with it. This sewing machine is electric, not preferable for people who’s conscious with their monthly electric bill. But it can also be used with batteries. It goes with it a foot pedal which makes it convenient to use. if you don’t want to use the foot pedal, then there’s a button on the machine that you can just press when sewing. It goods because it’s versatile, giving you options to use it. Its size makes it very convenient to store. You can also remove the adapter from the machine, and the foot pedal as well. I like it because I can keep them separately. I really did not encounter any problem storing them. When it comes to the sound of the machine when sewing, I like it because it’s not noisy. However, the intensity of the sound depends on the sturdiness of the table that you use. The more sturdy and hard the table is, the lesser or finer the sound is. I have tried putting it on the floor, and the sound is better. It’s a bit noisy if you put it on
        a plastic table. I’ve already made many clothes using the JML Easy Stitch Max. Of course, the quality is not similar to what we can see in clothing stores, but I’m still happy with it. It allows me to make the clothes that I like. I can even copy the expensive clothes found online. My friends and family are also happy with the clothes that I design and sew. It’s also nice if you have your own personal sewing machine because you don’t need to pay if you have clothes to alter or if you have torn clothes. It’s light weight and portable, so it’s not difficult to bring it anywhere you are. With it’s size, I think I can also teach my niece how to use it so that she can sew clothes for her barbie dolls. This is good for amateur dressmakers. It does not look dangerous compared to big sewing machines used for professionals. You’ll not be afraid that your your fingers will be sewn or something. Its appearance would really make someone interested to sew think that sewing is easy. It does not look so technical. In fact, it looks like a sewing machine for young girls. It’s great for someone who’s practicing and beginning to learn how to make clothes. It’s just disappointing that it only has one color which is white. It would be cool if there are more color options.

abi says :

Mine is not providing me good result

Galega says :

You should also share the problem. See this sewing machine is not meant to stitch all type of clothes. You might be using a clothe which is not suitable for it. Check out the manual or share more of your problems here to have detailed response.

-36
    myfreeacct says :

–i believe there is a specific sewing machine for this type of fabric and i believe your current machine cannot do the job. just a thought to share )

Galega says :

In that case, you should first iron the fabric before bringing it to the sewing machine. If the needle is not shifting and jumping with all fabrics, then there is possibility that the stretches are too much for it to handle. And, this machine is not suitable for all type of clothes. That might also be one reason behind your problem.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 535061129050430/k2311a065/6.5.10