FarCry for the X Box  » Games  »
  • This game goes down in the record books as one of my favorite X Box titles

• by GID

This game goes down in the record books as one of my favorite X Box titles. You play the part of a guide hired by a reporter to investigate an Island. Your boat is attacked by a military force, and you’re stranded on the Island with nothing but a knife and your know-how. The plot line evolves as you are contacted by another private military force, and are asked to discover what is going on on the island. Over the course of the game you develop

primal powers, such as night vision, heat-sensing, and incredible speed and vicious melee attacks.

The single player campaign is wonderful the first time through, but there is zero change if you play through it a second time, so the replay value is zilch. I primarily played this game on the multiplayer mode, which was great. Up to four players can go head to head in enormous pre-made, or player-created, maps ranging from jungles, to deserts, to mountain peaks, swamps, lakes, flooded villages, and deadly valleys. Anything you ...

• can think to make, the map-creation feature of this game will allow. When you take the custom map possibilities, and add the fact that there are a number of different vehicles including ATV’s, Hummers, and Hang-gliders, the possibilities become endless. The only thing I didn’t like was that you could not add any computer-controlled players into a multiplayer round, it was limited to human players, which is slightly limiting if there is only one or two people playing.

Everything about this game is simple and straightforward. Even

the technical map-creation feature takes only a few minutes to get the hang of. I liked the fact that this game was so simply, yet there were so many dynamic features; an award winning combination in my book. I literally played my game disc into the ground over the course of five years, it wore out and quit working, but I got more than my sixty-dollars worth of game-play from that copy; then I bought my friends old copy! It’s that addicting, once you get the hang of it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 285061128950430/k2311a065/6.5.10