Sally Hansen Cuticle Remover
  • I suggest you find your own comfort zone with this product in order to fully benefit from it
  • I don’t have any calluses yet and I hope I don’t get them either, but I do put this product over my heels, elbows and on the underside of my big toe, the places that suffer from most stress and over exhaustion in my opinion
  • Overall, I like this product and I will keep buying it until I find a better and cheaper replacement
  • This product is not cheap for the tiny 29.5 mL that we are given which cost me around $7 I believe, thus requiring the hunt for a better and cheaper alternative

• by shanjucool

This is the first cuticle remover that I have ever used so I won’t be able to do a comparison to other products except for the natural way of removing cuticles that I have followed before using this product, which is to let my hands be softened by warm water while I’m in the shower and then to gently push back my cuticles and then snipping them off using a cuticle nipper.

This product comes in a small blue plastic bottle with a white twist off cap, this bottle came packaged in a plastic cover with a paper backing with descriptions, instructions on how to use the product, cautions, etc. Under the white cap is a dripper sort of design where you would have to squeeze the bottle to have

the solution come out of the dripper, kind of like eye drops packaging. To use this product, I apply a generous amount of the clear transparent substance in the bottle onto my cuticles and let them sit for about 5 minutes, push back my cuticles using orange stick and then wash them off. Although the package says to use a thin film of the substance and leave them about 15 seconds and then to push back the cuticles, I find that doesn’t really do it for me so I chose to leave them on longer. I suggest you find your own comfort zone with this product in order to fully benefit from it. The warning sign to washing them off would be if you start to feel a burn on ...

• your finger tips, but there’s still no damage there though, the solution is simply doing its work. After I wash off the solution, I snip off the excess cuticles with a cuticle nipper. I find that this product makes it easier to push back and cut cuticles than doing it the natural way as my cuticles are much softer and thus, easier to work with.

The package also says that this product can also be used for softening calluses, hardened skin and such problems. I don’t have any calluses yet and I hope I don’t get them either, but I do put this product over my heels, elbows and on the underside of my big toe, the places that suffer from most stress and over exhaustion in my opinion. To use,

I simply dab some on and spread it over the area and let it sit around 10 minutes, and then I take a shower and massage the area with a soap-soaked loofah. I find that doing this makes my skin there very soft and bouncy and it’s not so rough and scaly as it was before I did the treatment. I do this weekly to keep the area soft.

Overall, I like this product and I will keep buying it until I find a better and cheaper replacement. This product is not cheap for the tiny 29.5 mL that we are given which cost me around $7 I believe, thus requiring the hunt for a better and cheaper alternative. Otherwise, this product performs as it should. If you liked my review, please vote.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 315061128860430/k2311a065/6.5.10