Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion
  • It basically comes in a bottle, I think there is only one size available for this, which is 200 ml, with a rather large twist off cap
  • Overall I love this toner and I would keep buying it as it has reached Holy Grail status for me

• by shanjucool

Most of us think of lotion as a product that might be milky or like a serum that you apply as the last step to seal in moisture in our skin at the end of our skin care routine. This product, although marketed as a clarifying “lotion”, is actually a toner. It is part of the 3-step system that Clinique is famous for and this product is Step 2 in the system meant for acne skin. I use this toner after I take a shower and cleanse my skin with their cleanser, or a cleanser from a different brand, it doesn’t matter much to me, and before I put my moisturizer.

It basically comes in a bottle, I think there is only one size available for this, which is 200 ml, with a rather large twist off cap. The solution inside is clear and transparent, but appears sea green from the outside due to

the colour of the bottle. There is also a deposit of some sort of powdery substance at the bottom of the bottom, which I am guessing is medication especially meant for acne-prone skin. To use, I shake the bottle vigorously first to mix the solution and powdery substance first, then I twist off the cap, dap a generous amount of the now cloudy solution onto a cotton pad. Then I apply the pad in circular motion all over my face, just like a massaging pattern. Make sure you don’t pull on your skin but do apply a bit of pressure, I find it works even better that way than to simply rub the pad over the face. If your pad dries out before you’ve covered your whole face, add a bit more of the solution to your pad and keep working on your face.

I think this is one of the best toners there ...

• are out in the world as after I’m done working this product into my face, my cotton pad, which was initially white, is now really brown, so this product removes all the dirt, pollution, sweat and whatever else environmental and physical factors there are that affect our skin. Now I have extremely oily acne prone skin and I do go out a lot. I live in Toronto and this place has a lot of cars and other things so the air here isn’t exactly pure but full of smog and pollutants. So my resultant cotton pad after using this toner is a bit more severe in terms of how much dirt comes off my face, for others, if you don’t live in the same conditions as I do, it might not be so ugly and brown. But my argument holds that this is one well working product as even after all that daily stress
        that my skin goes through, this product seems to remove them all, even after usage of a cleanser.

Also, the price is not bad, I think I bought this bottle for only $22 including tax at a Sears counter at some random mall about 3 months ago. The price may have gone up since then but I doubt by very much. And I find just two times of dabbing on a cotton pad per application is enough to last me about 3 months. So I think the price of this is quite reasonable and affordable for a very effective product.

Overall I love this toner and I would keep buying it as it has reached Holy Grail status for me. If I find a better toner out there, I might use that one, but this will always be with me as my go to toner. If you liked my review, please vote for me.

Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 315061128850330/k2311a065/6.5.10