Aveda Dry Remedy Moisturizing Shampoo  » Cosmetics  »
  • Like most people out there, I like to get my money's worth
  • In fact, that was one of the first things I noticed about it the first time I used it
  • As far as how the product works, I love it
  • Definitely on the expensive side, even when compared to other Aveda products
  • I think in this situation, Dry Remedy would cause the hair to be weighted down

• by RandomSamurai

As a general rule for myself, I usually only use Aveda products on my hair. I will skimp on every other bath and beauty product, but when it comes to my hair, I admit, I can be a bit snobby. So when I started having issues with dryness, my stylist suggested that I try Aveda’s Dry Remedy Moisturizing Shampoo.

When I first bought it, I was a little concerned because the bottle is a little smaller than some of their other shampoo products. Like most people out there, I like to get my money’s worth. However, the first time I

used it, my fears were alliviated.

First of all, it is a very thick shampoo. This is great because you don’t need to use much for it to work. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised at how little it took to effectively wash my hair. While I don’t have really long hair (shoulder length), it is very thick.

Aveda products always have such a clean fresh scent to me and Dry Remedy Shampoo is certainly no exception. In fact, that was one of the first things I noticed about it the first time I used it. It’s a ...

• very earth scent with something sweet thrown in - very nice.

As far as how the product works, I love it! I have not had any dryness issues since I began using this shampoo about two months ago.

When I did a little research, I discovered that Dry Remedy contains buriti oil. This oil is extracted from the buriti palm and is the richest known source oil for beta-carotene. Buriti oil also contains high levels of Vitamin A which is an important source for antioxidants.

The only downside to Aveda’s Dry Remedy is the price. I paid $28 for a 7oz.

bottle. Definitely on the expensive side, even when compared to other Aveda products. However, like I mentioned before, you do not need to use much each time you wash your hair, so I guess that downplays the price… a little…

I would reccommend this product to anyone who is having dryness issues with their hair. I would not reccommend it for anyone that has very fine hair or a naturally oily scalp. I think in this situation, Dry Remedy would cause the hair to be weighted down.

I rate Aveda’s Dry Remedy Moisturizing Shampoo at a 7, but only because of the price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 315061128750330/k2311a065/6.5.10