Samsung Rant Phone
2.5
  • I would recommend going for a different phone, unless you are the type to replace a phone every few months

• by icyheartsx

I would say the Samsung Rant from Sprint is about an average phone. I used it for 2 years and it did not stop working completely, which exceeded the life of my previous phone (LG Rumor, lasted me 1 year).

Pros: Nice sliding keyboard, quiet sliding out and smooth keys Good camera (above average quality for a cell phone camera, took many pictures) Comes with Pac-Man trial

version (pretty fun to play, even with the free trial version) Pretty notepad backgrounds (absolutely adorable! I miss this aspect of this phone)

Cons: Very loud speakerphone (when you first call somebody the phone is automatically on speakerphone and you have to manually turn it off every time.

Has very little memory on the calendar and notepad, you can’t rely on the calender because if you go past ...

• the unknown limit, it will delete your previous events.

Every page you go on this phone, the display is very dim. The menu is dark blue, which is okay to see indoors, but I could not see the screen at all when I was outside on a cloudy day.

I upgraded to the LG Lotus not because this phone broke, but it froze often and required me to

snap off the back and take out the battery, and then put it back. Not too big of a deal, but its not reliable. It also dropped a few of my calls, and I suppose it would have dropped more of my calls if I called people more than I texted them. The texting is very reliable, though. I would recommend going for a different phone, unless you are the type to replace a phone every few months.

Samsung Rant Phone

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 375061128690330/k2311a065/6.5.10