Cover Girl Tru Blend Whipped Foundation  » Cosmetics  »
0.5
  • I bought this Tru Blend Whipped Foundation because it was on sale and I got pretty good results from the original Tru Blend liquid foundation so I thought this one would be just as good
  • I really love the packaging for this Tru Blend Whipped Foundation
  • That was a red flag because I don't like putting thick products on my face, especially not liquid foundation
  • I wouldn't recommend this Tru Blend Whipped Foundation by Cover Girl
  • Or even better, do like I do and pick a mineral powder foundation, which in my opinion is way better than any liquid foundation

• by JCandyce

I bought this Tru Blend Whipped Foundation because it was on sale and I got pretty good results from the original Tru Blend liquid foundation so I thought this one would be just as good.

I really love the packaging for this Tru Blend Whipped Foundation. It doesn’t come in a regular container like most foundations do, instead this foundation comes in a little jar and has a large opening where you can either dip in a foundation brush or your fingers to get some foundation and then apply it to your skin.

When I first opened this whipped foundation, that’s when I got the first red flag that this foundation wouldn’t work well for me. The whipped foundation is very thick and didn’t even move when you turned the dry around, not even when you turned the whole jar upside down. That was a red flag because

I don’t like putting thick products on my face, especially not liquid foundation. Thick foundations only come out cakey, oily and makes me look and feel like I’m wearing a mask on my face.

When I smelled it, that’s when the second red flag went up. This doesn’t interfere with how it goes on my skin but normally products that stink don’t work all that great most of the time. This really isn’t scented, at least not strongly anyway. You can’t really smell it unless you put it really up close to your nose and smell and then you can smell it, and it’s not a nice smell at all. I’m not sure what the scent is but to me it smells like rotten oranges, it’s not appealing at all and it stinks. Thank goodness that it’s really light and you can’t smell it unless you basically ...

• stick it really close to your nose, other than that it’s really light.

When I put my finger in it, I was actually surprised at how creamy it was considering that it was so thick and doesn’t move around like I said before. I did however have difficulty blending it in. Especially around the areas that I have pimples in, even though this seemed like it would give good coverage because it’s thick, it really doesn’t. The foundation just slicked right over my pimples, so you have something you need to cover then you’re going to need to use a concealer or something because this whipped foundation isn’t going to do it.

When I eventually got the whipped foundation applied over my whole entire face and looked at my face in the mirror, to me it didn’t really look natural at all, it didn’t give a natural look

to my skin and even though I had bought this in the same shade that I have the original Tru Blend in (The shade that I tried from the original Tru Blend foundation matched perfectly, so I don’t know why this one didn’t when I bought the same shade), this whipped foundation looked too dark on me. I checked to make sure that I bought the right shade, and it was right. So even if this whipped worked for me, I still wouldn’t be able to wear it because it’s too dark.

I wouldn’t recommend this Tru Blend Whipped Foundation by Cover Girl. The original Tru Blend Foundation by Cover Girl is mush better and I would definitely recommend buying the original instead of this one. Or even better, do like I do and pick a mineral powder foundation, which in my opinion is way better than any liquid foundation.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 315061128600330/k2311a065/6.5.10