Atkins Complete- Fast, Easy & Healthy Deluxe Edition DVD  » Health  »
1.5
  • When I picked up a copy of the Atkins Complete-Fast Easy & Healthy Deluxe Edition DVD, I thought I’d spare myself reading the book in the event that I didn’t like the diet, but this might be worse
  • Unfortunately, it’s like 5-10 minutes of info scattered over a 90 minute annoying infomercial

• by Jude244

Have you ever watched an infomercial and thought repeatedly, just get on with it already! When I picked up a copy of the Atkins Complete-Fast Easy & Healthy Deluxe Edition DVD, I thought I’d spare myself reading the book in the event that I didn’t like the diet, but this might be worse. For what seemed like an eternity, all I heard was a build up and then the same four or five people giving sappy testimonials.

I’m serious, Atkins would appear to be on the verge of telling some of the diet information and than the music would start and the testimonial people would return. After their contribution, Atkins would come back, and state “I am going to show you this” or “you are going to learn that”, and then nada. Insert infomercial music and cue the testimonial drones. Who ever wrote the first half hour or more was a sadist. I was ready to shut the DVD off, when they finally went to the next segment.

In

the second half Atkins takes us to his kitchen, opens the Fridge and reveals boat loads of bacon, butter, cream cheese, and more meat than you can shake a stick at. I knew this was the protein plan, but bacon and butter … seriously? Heart stopping fat, yeah, I don’t know about this one. Next we see a ton of pictures of cooked steaks, roasts, and more; and then just when you think we are going to start the plan, yeah you guessed it, more music and testimonials.

If it wasn’t that a family member had lost some weight on this diet, I wouldn’t have even kept watching. I was so put off by the shows format; that I wanted to Frisbee the disc out through the kitchen window.

Okay, the second half picks up a bit. Here I learn that the main idea of the plan is to only eat foods which do not cause your blood sugar to rise. Fair enough, but did we have to waste about ...

• a third of the 90 minute DVD to hype, and testimonials?

There is even a part, which I can only hope was attempt at humor, when Atkins actually tells you to shut the DVD off if you are not ready to commit to the plan. He then sits back and crosses his arms over his chest, to give you a moment to decide. Hello, what plan, no one has heard it yet.

Essentially it is this; you must take out the Personal Diet Manual enclosed with the DVD and then complete the questionnaire inside. Next using the Carbohydrate counter, also enclosed, you must figure out the approximate carb count for a typical day’s meals and snacks.

Once that is done, you are instructed to read the personal diet manual, eat only Atkins approved foods listed in the manual, limit your carbs to 20 grams a day, and to eat until you are full not stuffed. Ah, finally some information. Oh wait, get ready for more testimonials, and here they

are again. If I ever saw the director of this DVD in the street, I’d probably bean them with my bagel.

Supposedly the first 14 days is the maximum fat burning phase. Here Atkins states that men can expect to lose up to 12 pounds, and ladies up to 8. As I would walk barefoot across a bed of hot coals, if there was a brownie waiting on the other side, I just don’t think this is plan for me.

If you like to learn more about the Atkins diet and have no intention of reading a book, this DVD will eventually give you the information. Unfortunately, it’s like 5-10 minutes of info scattered over a 90 minute annoying infomercial.

This DVD can be purchased on Amazon through several of their private merchants for less than 3.00 dollars USD in English, or 12.45 in Spanish. While I wasn’t crazy about the DVD, getting the Personal Diet Manual and the pocket Carbohydrate Counter included for the price made it a much better deal.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 345061127940230/k2311a065/6.5.10