Thermotabs Salt Supplement Buffered Tablets, 100 each  » Medicine  »
  • We live not far from a park right on the water, and I like to walk there and get some fresh air
  • Problem is, usually if it's not freezing outside here in Michigan, then it's hot and humid and I end up sweating horrible
  • It's not a leisurely walk, so there's a reason I'm working up that sweat, but it's also not a jog or run and I'd rather draw out my walks as long as possible, which I haven't been able to do because of the sweating and all the side-effects I experience because of that
  • So, the first time I used this, the first thing I noticed was the bloating

• by Anasuya

I don’t do a lot of extreme exercising (quite the contrary), but when I do exercise, my favorite thing is to go on walks. We live not far from a park right on the water, and I like to walk there and get some fresh air. Problem is, usually if it’s not freezing outside here in Michigan, then it’s hot and humid and I end up sweating horrible. I could walk only twenty minutes and already be breaking out in a massive sweat. I like to walk for over an hour most days, but it seems like I’m completely exhausted when I do this because of the heat and the sweat. I take a camel pack with me and drink plenty of water, but that still doesn’t seem to help as much as I’d like. I didn’t want this problem to

deter me from walking and enjoying being outdoors last summer, so when I saw Thermotabs Salt Supplement Buffered Tablets, I figured it was a good investment to make since the main purpose of these supplements are to combat the fatigue, muscle cramps and heat prostration due to heavy sweating, which was definitely a problem of mine. No girl likes to admit they sweat like that, but I do, and there’s no point denying it. There IS a point, in trying to deal with the problem as effectively as possible.

You shouldn’t take these if you have high blood pressure or heart disease, probably because it’s a product high in sodium. It IS a salt supplement after all. But , I didn’t have either problem and figured it was probably pretty safe to take. I would take one of these ...

• with a full 8 ounce glass of water about an hour before I went on my summer walks. It’s not a leisurely walk, so there’s a reason I’m working up that sweat, but it’s also not a jog or run and I’d rather draw out my walks as long as possible, which I haven’t been able to do because of the sweating and all the side-effects I experience because of that.

So, the first time I used this, the first thing I noticed was the bloating. I wasn’t even expecting that but, drinking that glass of water before hand, and then drinking water while I was actively walking, I was bloating something fierce by the time I made it home. It was actually to the point of being rather uncomfortable for me and I had to cut my walk short anyway.

That being said, however, I guess it really did work, because, though I was still sweating a bit, I didn’t experience nearly the level of heat exhaustion that I had in the past. Normally I would feel very flushed, almost to the point I would get dizzy and need to sit down, but I actually didn’t experience any of that at all. Sure, I was sweaty, but I was also feeling pretty good, aside from the bloating. It wasn’t until about three hours after my walk that the bloating seemed to subside enough to truly feel back to normal. I guess sodium-based supplements have their purposes and their drawbacks, but I’m not entirely sure I’d invest in this again. It just seems like it’s not that good for you, if they are warning those who have high blood pressure and such not to take it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 265061127600130/k2311a065/6.5.10