Revlon PhotoReady Makeup Nude  » Cosmetics  »
  • But, I still need to use a product that wont cause further breakouts, so oil-free and water-based liquid foundations are really the best for me
  • Unfortunately, however, they don't cover as well as pressed foundations or pancake foundations
  • I bought Revlons Photo Ready foundation in a nude shade, because it was sitll in the REvlon line of products that I love so much, but hopefully it would be a little better in the coverage area, and maybe not look so caked on by the end of the day
  • When I bought a second bottle, there was still a ton of foundation left in it, but nothing was coming out when I pushed the pump
  • You get better results if you apply with a sponge and stipple it or pat it on, but it's like you have to wait forever for it to dry before you can touch up problem areas, and even then, you don't feel like you're ever really dry

• by Anasuya

I used to be a loyal fan of Revlon Color Stay, for close to ten years now. But not too long ago, they changed something about the makeup, and it doesn’t cover nearly as well as it used to, and so I’ve started changing it out here and there to find something that will work as good (or better) as the original Color Stay formula. I use Revlon products all around, and it’s one of the kindest products on my skin. I have rather acne-prone skin, though not nearly as badly as it used to be when I was a kid. It’s the one time I’m glad to say that age has caught up with me, and the hormonal imbalances of my youth aren’t taking over my life. But, I still need to use a product that wont cause further breakouts, so oil-free and water-based liquid foundations are really the best for me. Unfortunately, however, they don’t cover as well as pressed foundations or pancake foundations.

I bought Revlons Photo Ready foundation

in a nude shade, because it was sitll in the REvlon line of products that I love so much, but hopefully it would be a little better in the coverage area, and maybe not look so caked on by the end of the day. The pump action nozel on the bottle is also nice too because it makes application a less messy process, however, there were a few issues with it. By about the second week, I ended up just having to remove the cap entirely (and it wasn’t easy- I broke it in the process), because the nozel had clogged so badly that no more make-up was hardly coming out of it at all. When I bought a second bottle, there was still a ton of foundation left in it, but nothing was coming out when I pushed the pump. Not because the pump was clogged this time around, but because pumps are not made to get every last little drop out of a bottle the way you could if you ...

• didn’t have a pump like that. So, be prepared to waste a bit of makeup when you throw the bottle out.

The nude shade was a good one for me. I have pale skin, and this shade matched my skin tone very well. But it took a while to get a handle on application. It’s a very thin liquid foundation in comparison to the Color Stay. I was hoping it would be thicker. I couldn’t test it at the store because of a security tape around the nozzel (probably to prevent people like me from testing it!) so I had no ideas as to the consistency of it until I used it the first time. It’s supposed to provide an airbrushed look about it, but this product has a bit of a shimmer to it. It gives you that “glow” that I truly hate in products. My skin is naturally oily, so really, that just made me look greasy and wet all day. There was no glow about it, even if the

color was a good match for me.

It didn’t cover very well at all. You get better results if you apply with a sponge and stipple it or pat it on, but it’s like you have to wait forever for it to dry before you can touch up problem areas, and even then, you don’t feel like you’re ever really dry. It smears very easily, even after being set with a powder, and was generally just a messy product on my face. I wasn’t very pleased with it at all. Liked the concept, but it was in no way an airbrushed finished appearance.

Like I said, the only thing I really liked about it was the color. Most makeups have a very pink or orange undertone, but my skin actually has more yellow undertones and those other foundation colors really clash with the rest of my skin. It does blend well, because it stays wet longer than the ones that are medium or full coverage, but really, that’s all I liked about this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 315061127590130/k2311a065/6.5.10