Panasonic KX-TG2431 Cordless Phone  » Electronics  »
  • The dock that the phone sits on to charge is fairly big, actually really big, and since this phone is 2 years old I suggest going for a more sleek approach
  • I noticed myself getting a lot of connection problem with this phone

• by Gamer4u

Digital Phones, also known as Wireless Phones, are very popular in todays world. So what makes a phone stand out? Originality, individuality and look. If the phone offers anything new then it is worth the buy, if it is one of a kind then it is worth the buy, and if it look good then it is worth the buy. Obviously price is another major factor but since that comes first and no one wants to buy a 500 dollar phone, it narrows down to those three components.

So what does this phone offer?

Sad to say, nothing impressive. It is an ordinary phone like any other. What I can say this phone has is great ergonomics. This phone is designed such that it lies comfortably on ones shoulder and ear if they are talking while cooking, writing, typing, playing games, almost anything that requires the use of both hands at once. I remember many times I would play on my PS3 and talk with my best friend on the phone for hours at once, not realizing that I was on the phone due to its comfort.

• Other than that the phone is very much ordinary. The buttons feel very rubbery, sometimes too rubbery which may be a plus for some people but I do not prefer it. The dock that the phone sits on to charge is fairly big, actually really big, and since this phone is 2 years old I suggest going for a more sleek approach. I noticed myself getting a lot of connection problem with this phone. The problems though, were not with my provider which is Time Warner, but the problem was with the base

and the phone. Many times the phone would display out of range signifying it cannot get the information from its dock, which meant I was actually limited in range with a cordless phone.

This phone is again very comfortable but nothing special. It is priced at about 30 bucks, which if you ask me is a lot for one phone and its dock. I am thinking about switching to Logitech as they have implemented some new technology that I just have to get my hands on. As for this phone, it is simply ok.

Shirley Blair says :

I have been hunting all over the net to find a new replacement of this phone with no luck. It has done everything I want I have replaced the battery only once. Bought it 12 Years ago, so it may have just died from old age1 I’m a Panasonic fan, having had TVs, radios and coffee pots. Any suggestions on how I can still get the same KX-TG2431?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 165061127420130/k2311a065/6.5.10