John Trien Realty  » Real estate  »
2.5
9565 Dyer St. El Paso, TX 79924
  • I paid her the money and she said she would draw up a lease later
  • Besides the heating problem, I thoroughly enjoyed the house even though the realty company was rude
  • I called one of my uncles and he noticed a wire that was messed up in the back of the house
  • I was just relieved that I’m not the one who had that experience
  • I would recommend John Trien Realty to people that have credit problems and need a quick place to stay

• by adrean_j

When I first moved back to El Paso, I was looking for a house to rent. I saw an add for a two bedroom from John Trien Realty. I had seen his name around town before, but was never interested in renting a home before. When I went to the office, he asked about how much money I made and that was pretty much it. There was no hassle of dealing with application fees, credit checks, proof of income and background checks. While it was an easy process, it made me wonder how serious these people really were. That day that I met with Mr.

Trien would be the last day I ever hold a conversation with him. I was to deal with his partner Lupe. I could tell something was wrong with this woman the first time I met her. I should of looked around more before jumping into it, but I was so anxious to get into

a house. I paid her the money and she said she would draw up a lease later. I didn’t really think much of it.

Later to find out they just don’t like to do leases so they won’t have to give 30 day notice. When I got my keys I headed straight to the house. When I got there it was the same condition it was in a week before when I looked at it. I had already complained to Lupe about this and she said that it would be done. I had to call several times until they finally sent someone to clean the place. A couple hours later they sent over a whole one woman crew.

She tried to clean, but was doing a horrible job. I decided I would just do it myself. Over the weeks, I repeated called and asked if we could come in and sign the lease. She always had an excuse for ...

• not having one drawn up. It was also the month of December and it was freezing cold. The heater was not working correctly.

It would not even come on. I had to call 5 times before she actually sent a technician. Whenever I tried to speak directly to Mr. Trien he would be cold and just refer me to talk to her. Besides the heating problem, I thoroughly enjoyed the house even though the realty company was rude. One evening the electricity just cut off.

When I called, Lupe had the nerve to tell me that there was an outage in the area. I went outside and everyone else’s lights were working. I told her this and she said there was nothing she could do. I called one of my uncles and he noticed a wire that was messed up in the back of the house. We bought the part ourselves and replaced it. I just deducted the

cost from the rent.

I decided to move to Dallas. My ex-husband moved in the house with John Trien’s permission. I was speaking to him on the phone a month later and he said that he got a little behind on the rent. When he got home one day all of his stuff was outside and someone moved in. No one had a lease so there was nothing he could do. I was just relieved that I’m not the one who had that experience.

The house was somewhat worth the hassle. I wouldn’t buy a house from them. They are far from professional. They are not very sympathetic or personable. I was really disappointed with the way I was treated in some instances. I would recommend John Trien Realty to people that have credit problems and need a quick place to stay.

If you are a very particular person like me, they will make you feel like you’re losing your mind.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 625061127400130/k2311a065/6.5.10