Darby’s Cafe  » Restaurants  »
Olympia, WA
  • The food was somewhat typical cafe fare, but with lots of special coffee drinks and also interesting vegetarian options
  • All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable experience

• by Terri
      I ate at a local establishment, Darby’s Cafe, for the first time last night. It was a fabulous experience. The place itself was adorable, with lots of beautiful murals on the walls.

The food was somewhat typical cafe fare, but with lots of special coffee drinks and also interesting vegetarian options. Although I am no longer a vegetarian, I appreciate

when a restaurant has options.

I ordered a cheeseburger and a salad. Normally, I would not venture a salad in a little cafe, but since they had such a nice selection of vegetarian items, I went for it.

I was glad I did–it was delightful. I judge restaurants on their salads.

Again, it was delightful. Mixed greens, very fresh, shaved ...

• carrots, some cabbage, but just scrumptious.

The Italian vinagrette that I ordered with it was fabulous too. In fact, writing this is making me hungry.

The cheeseburger I meant to order plain (I’m suspicious of sauces), but it came with some sort of thousand islandy dressing on it. They graciously took it back for me and brought me the dry bun

I requested very quickly.

The burger itself was good as well. The service was friendly and quick.

And the prices were more reasonable than most. I think my burger was less than $7.

I remember I was pleasantly surpised. All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

My dinner companions were great, too, but I will not review them here. Grin.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71912112741131/k2311a1219/12.19.06