Carla Amorim Universo Onyx and Gold Cocktail Ring  » Jewelry  »
  • For embellishments, between the so called no-color colors – black and white, I prefer the latter to not douse myself totally of black articles as I love to wear dark clothes
  • However, I ended up betraying my anti-goth sensibilities when I decided to own this black onyx-studded cocktail ring
  • Actually, I was lusting for Carla Amorim’s mother of pearl ring which I found somewhere in the internet
  • I believe it’s 18 carats probably Brazilian in provenance
  • If you want to get out of the marriage trappings set on your finger, then I recommend you to check Carla Amorims’ beautiful cocktail rings

• by jhunie

I don’t think my taste for fine jewelry embodies a gothic style. I’m more on clean lines, neutral tones and shapes. For embellishments, between the so called no-color colors – black and white, I prefer the latter to not douse myself totally of black articles as I love to wear dark clothes. I’m careful not to overwhelm myself in black, it may be useful to reflect a cultured strong personality in terms of fashion but when it comes to jewelry, it’s not the case. I always find Gothic accessories to be expressionless and tilting towards masculine preference. However, I ended up betraying my anti-goth sensibilities when I decided to own this black onyx-studded cocktail ring.

Actually, I was lusting for Carla Amorim’s mother of pearl ring which I found somewhere in the internet. I was asked to

write about the Brazilian jeweler’s profile and what a better way to bring my shopping cart as well, virtually while scanning through her works. I was surprised that many of her pieces were sold locally with extravagant prices. But at least not as unattainable as those Italian bulgari platinum rings probably worth bigger than the sum of my mortgage. The mother of pearl ring didn’t fall on my hands, instead another variation of the same quirky design, the opposite of oriental pearls – black onyx. The black studded gold ring retains the same elegance with an edge.

The onyx beaded ring looks disoriented from the rest of my humble collection because of the color. Women wear rings either of two things, a diamond faceted engagement ring or a cocktail ring. It’s a struggle to get past ...

• wearing just a simple band of silver on your ring finger and convince people that you’re not married. Likewise, I’d rather wear something bejeweled and striking to send the message: I’m single and fabulous. It’s the reason I spend most of my savings on novelty pieces such as this one. This is really a catalyst in my collection, I’m not fond of gilded stuff but this makes an exception.

I quickly get attached to an object especially if it’s new. I must’ve worn this for months on ends until I finally got the hang of it. The gold tone looks slightly dusty now but still has its yellow gold luster. I believe it’s 18 carats probably Brazilian in provenance. The somewhat coral foliage on its fascade accounts to its weight. The grooves and

edges are softened so it sits comfortably enough on my finger. Though it’s not my signature element, the thing I love about gold is the warmth this precious metal brings, a crude symbol of wealth. The onyx beads peek out from its bezels, matte and deeply black. I think it really adds a mature flare to the gold tone plus strength. I have my eye set on another Carla Amorim bijou but that shall wait till I reach a sufficient budget because it’s a long time before I can recoup another 3000 dollars to shed yet again for a lavish jewel. If you want to get out of the marriage trappings set on your finger, then I recommend you to check Carla Amorims’ beautiful cocktail rings.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 453061126941230/k2311a063/6.3.10