Power Pilates Intermediate Workout DVD  » Health  »
  • Since I have tried many Pilates workouts in the past, I thought I would bump things up and try a more advanced workout
  • Unfortunately, I found out after I purchased it that this, that it was a follow up to a beginner’s workout
  • I know the workout is the most important aspect but I seem to get hung up on the visual and musical aspects of many of the DVDs
  • I almost never get to use my ball or bands so I like the added challenge

• by Jude244

Since I have tried many Pilates workouts in the past, I thought I would bump things up and try a more advanced workout. I spotted Dr. Sichel’s Power Pilates Intermediate Workout and thought that it would be perfect for amping up my usual sessions.

Unfortunately, I found out after I purchased it that this, that it was a follow up to a beginner’s workout. Although I am ready for the challenge, I wonder if it might have been helpful to at least view the first DVD.

One feature that I appreciate straight from the start is that the main menu has many options to choose from. Here I could choose from such selections as Daily Workout, Choose a Workout, or Private Instruction which is a voice over narration using photos and explains detailed corrections of the exercises.

In addition to there being a variety of workout

options, there were also bonus features such as a Glossary- How to deepen your workout, a special message from Dr. Howard Sichel, and also a bonus back safety chapter that provides a special 15 minute workout for people with chronic lower back weakness.

Another great bonus is the DVD-ROM feature for Windows and Mac, which gives you access to things such as PDF’S containing written descriptions of each exercise, a database of Pilate’s instructors all over the world, email contacts and bios for each program instructor, and exclusive access to the Power Pilates Series website.

When I went into choose a workout I was floored by all the options. This is an awesome workout DVD! I could choose from a 31 minute workout (daily workout, additional workout, ending), a 26 minute workout (daily workout, add-ins workout with props, ending), or a 45 minute workout (daily workout, additional workout, add-ins ...

• workout with props, ending).

In addition, there was also a 25 minute workout (back workout, daily workout, ending), a 44 minute workout (back workout, daily workout, additional workout, ending), a 39 minute workout (back workout, daily workout, add-ins workout with props, ending, and finally a 58 minute workout (back workout, daily workout, additional workout, add-ins workout with props, ending). As you can see there were many choices suitable for all time constraints and special focus.

Another good thing about the workout is that it is formatted so that it offers both and intermediate and a more advanced modified level during the segment. To follow either you simply look to the class member whose mat corresponds to the level you will be exercising at.

of the DVDs. Here the three students exercise in front of a series of windows which have been outfitted with long white billowy sheer panels. The entire set is white and a bit sterile looking. For different segments varied shades of pastel light flood the window to add a little color.

I also would have liked some music during the workout but instead the time was filled with a never ending stream of over-exuberant instruction. Next time I will mute the sound and play my own music.

One thing I liked in particular was that there was a prop workout that used therabands, physio balls, and the Magic circle. I almost never get to use my ball or bands so I like the added challenge.

If you’d like to try the Power Pilates Intermediate Workout, it is available on Amazon through four of their private merchants Starting at 25.63 USD.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 343061126931230/k2311a063/6.3.10