L’Oreal Volume Shocking Mascara
  • Being that it cost more than $12, I hoped that it really worked and that it wasn't just going to be another mascara that I wasted money on
  • I knew this had a comb brush before I bought it and I didn't really mind then but once I had it and started using it, I really hated the brush
  • L'Oreal definitely has better mascaras, especially better than this one
  • I wouldn't recommend this mascara and I'm definitely not buying again

• by JCandyce

I had such high hopes for this mascara when it came out. I had seen the ad commericals and the ads in my magazines for this mascara and I really wanted to try it. Being that it cost more than $12, I hoped that it really worked and that it wasn’t just going to be another mascara that I wasted money on.

I wanted to love this mascara, I really did. I loved the ads on commercials and TV, I loved the look it was suppose to give. I really loved the packaging and thought the mascara tube was really cute, all that was left was to get great results from it. Unfortunately that didn’t happen.

I don’t normally use 2 step mascaras but I do try some of

them though, but most 2 step mascaras that I have I only end up using the mascara side and never using the white primer side of the mascara.

When I first applied this, I applied the mascara and skipped the white primer part (Like I do most 2 step mascaras). I knew this had a comb brush before I bought it and I didn’t really mind then but once I had it and started using it, I really hated the brush. It was so hard to comb through my lashes with it so the mascara didn’t go on smoothly, I had to tug the brush through my lashes and that’s not something I want to do, obviously.

The result look was very thin looking lashes that were clumpy ...

• in some areas and they didn’t go straight, I some how managed to make some of my lashes go sideways. The whole thing was horrible, I washed it off and then started over.

The second time around, I used the white primer first. The white primer side has a regular brush and was much nicer than the mascara comb brush. I actually liked the white primer side brush better than the mascara side. Apply the primer was easy, easier than applying the mascara. I applied about 2 coats of the white primer, making sure that my lashes were completely covered in the white primer. I waited a few minutes before applying the mascara.

I still had a hard time applying the mascara, the white primer only seemed to make

it even more harder to apply the mascara. The comb barely wanted to go through the primer and I had to tug even more than before. I was worried that I was going to break my eyelashes off if I kept tugging at my lashes like that.

I eventually gave up at trying to apply this mascara after a few minutes. I wasn’t going to continue and take the chance of breaking my lashes because this mascara is so hard to apply.

L’Oreal definitely has better mascaras, especially better than this one. I wouldn’t recommend this mascara and I’m definitely not buying again.

I wanted to give this a 1, but I gave it 2 because the packaging is really cute and the mascara tube is a really unique shape.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313061126891230/k2311a063/6.3.10