Bath and Body Works, Black Raspberry Vanilla Fragrance Mist  » Perfume  »
  • You need to spritz the mist all over to get the best of it
  • I’ll recommend it for those casual perfume lovers

• by jhunie

I’m surprised that most of Bath and Body Works’ products look completely rebranded. I went to see closely if it’s just the revamped packaging that changed. I figured they were the same old products. I used to love their cherry blossom lotion which works as a good base for layering scents; now the item is packaged in a squeeze tube labeled to be a moisture body cream, boasting its new formula. Instead of tapping on the same familiar finds, I chose a saccharine fragrance mist simply called Black Raspberry Vanilla. It’s a straightforward fragrance that truly smells of its two key notes, Raspberry and Vanilla. I’m a sucker for berries

in the olfactory sense, and this smells ripe with an acidic tinge.

It reminds me of framboise vineyards or sweet wine. It also has a little resemblance to Marc Jacob’s Grapefruit. Unlike colognes with the fresh factor, it tends to dwell close to the body. And its presence is barely noticeable unless you dig the scent near your nose, therefore, sensual. Though the scent just cascades from a short sour burst of raspberry then everything is flat out sweet vanilla. It’s a linear projection. I keep spraying thinking I need more of the scent but it still lands with a thud. The vanilla seems to be the core note of ...

• this mist.

I didn’t like the bottle’s diffuser because it kind of produces a stream of liquid. I’d like it to dissipate better. Sweet vanilla is not really my flavoring and much less my signature scent but it makes a good base for this mist. It has a sorbet sweetness that’s not cloying. Also it marries well with raspberry and smells like soap. The raspberry mixed with vanilla disguises it without smelling domestic, so you won’t associate it with car fresheners or any household deodorizers. It’s a type of fragrance you spritz on like powdering one’s face without really thinking too much about it. With exuberant narcotic perfumes, you tend

to get self-conscious all the time.

Its weakness is sillage. The scent particularly the raspberry notes disperse so fast you’ll forget it in a minute. Nevertheless, it lasts poorly. You need to spritz the mist all over to get the best of it. Otherwise, it’ll be gone with the breeze in no time. It comes in a tall sexy bottle built on plastic so it needs extra handling. I cracked it once when it fell off the floor. I think you can get one for 12 dollars. I’ll recommend it for those casual perfume lovers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 563061126861230/k2311a063/6.3.10