Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds Super Fat Burning 3 Miles  » Health  »
  • Unfortunately, I missed my usual workout time and got stuck walking during the heat of the day
  • As the temperature has been hovering in the 90’s I decided to spare myself heatstroke and opted for an in-home walk instead
  • Really, if you live somewhere where the weather dictates your workouts, you may want consider the Walk Away the Pounds In-Home Walking Workout Programs
  • First of all, they are meant for people of all shapes, ages, and experience levels
  • Either way, it was a great workout and I would recommend trying it

• by Jude244

Unfortunately, I missed my usual workout time and got stuck walking during the heat of the day. As the temperature has been hovering in the 90’s I decided to spare myself heatstroke and opted for an in-home walk instead.

Really, if you live somewhere where the weather dictates your workouts, you may want consider the Walk Away the Pounds In-Home Walking Workout Programs. While I don’t lose my winters to snow, we more than make up for it here with summers so hot, you can fry an egg on your forehead.

Today I tried a 3 Mile walk with Leslie Sansone, called the Super Fat Burning workout. I’ve lost count of all the Walk Away the Pounds workouts I have tried now. I can not urge you enough to try one if you have not already. These workouts are great. First of all, they are meant for people of all shapes, ages, and experience levels. I’ve heard

of people in their 70’s that have tried and liked the program.

There are also many workouts that utilize interval training or combine strength training to maximize the effects of the largely cardio plan. I have purchased several that have included variations with weighted balls, stretch bands, walk resistance belts, and other props.

The great thing about that is that is that it allows you to incorporate a lot of great resistance work into a walk that wouldn’t have had you been on a path somewhere. I mean really, how often do you see people walking outside with weighted balls, or bands? I just think it adds an additional challenge and makes a regular walk seem dull in comparison.

Today’s Super Fat Burning Walk is led by a peach-tank topped Sansone and a class of tangerine and peach topped exercise mates. It seems to be a common theme in this series that they will ...

• have a color of the day, and that even the workout back walls will feature that color in the domed inset panels.

As this is a 47 minute three mile walk, the pace is pretty energetic. The warm up begins with the four basic steps such as walking in place, side steps, kicks, and knee lifts. The music in this section is a jazz sounding sax instrumental. As we move into the workout, the pace quickens and then the music intensifies.

There is a lot of banter between Leslie and the students I don’t mind this, but some people could be put off by all the talking. I guess I am used to it because I like the workouts so much that stuff like that doesn’t faze me.

By the third music speed up, we are adding arm motions to the walk with things such as reach ups, reach outs and pull backs, and arm

swings. These moves are simple enough, although I know we will be adding weights later. The pace is pretty rapid; I knew it would be since we have to cover 3 miles in a relatively short time.

Phew! I have to say the weighted ball workout mixed into the three mile walk made this a lot tougher than I anticipated. If you are a beginner you may want to save this workout for when you are ready to tackle a three mile walk that is strength training intensive. If however you are used to weight training or have done some of her 1 and 2 mile workouts you may want to advance to this one.

Either way, it was a great workout and I would recommend trying it. If you’d like to, it is available on Amazon for 12.49 USD. Also, you may wish to consider purchasing a set of weighted balls since this workout uses them quite a bit.

Judy Derby says :

re : Either way, it was a great workout and I would recommend trying it
    I began walking to Lesley Sansone’s CD’s about a year and a half ago. She is so upbeat and friendly, and the routine is really something that anyone can do–no matter what your physical shape and energy level. At first, I couldn’t complete the entire walk, but after a couple of weeks, I was getting better and better. Finishing the entire walk always felt really good.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 343061126851230/k2311a063/6.3.10