2002 Dodge Neon
  • Some people might argue that Neons have limited space inside the car, but as a small-ish person (only 5'1 ) I found the car to be the perfect amount of space for me
  • One problem that occured more than once, however, was the fact that the utility gadges behind the steering wheel would stop working so I wouldn't know how fast I was going or how much gas was in my tank
  • Unfortunately, Neons are not built very heavy, because the first accident I got in, the car was deemed unrepairable
  • All in all, I think this is a very good car, and they don't run extremely expensive either

• by R. Sims

I was the owner of a red 2002 Dodge Neon with an automatic transmission. It was a great little first car, and I was really upset when I got into an accident with it.

Some people might argue that Neons have limited space inside the car, but as a small-ish person (only 5′1″) I found the car to be the perfect amount of space for me. It had a roomy backseat, a spacious

trunk and leg room in the passenger seat. I never had someone complain about having no room while being in my car.

I never had any engine problems with my car; it never stalled or didn’t start or what have you. One problem that occured more than once, however, was the fact that the utility gadges behind the steering wheel would stop working so I wouldn’t know how fast I was going or ...

• how much gas was in my tank. We took it to a mechanic who told us that this was a common problem with Neons and that it would be expensive to fix. Eventually, the gaudges started working by themselves and everything was working fine for a couple months. It happened once more before my accident, but again, it righted itself eventually.

Unfortunately, Neons are not built very heavy, because the first accident I

got in, the car was deemed unrepairable. The fact that I rear ended a school bus, which are built like armored vehicles, might have something to do with that, too however. Granted, I wasn’t going very fast before I hit the bus, but my poor Neon was just not made to collide with something that sturdy.

All in all, I think this is a very good car, and they don’t run extremely expensive either!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 93061125510930/k2311a063/6.3.10