Rimmel London Sexy Curves Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • I thought I would try out this Sexy Curves Mascara from the Rimmel London brand, even though my lashes have a good curl to them as it is, as I can always do with thicker lashes
  • I found that it did give me curlier lashes and I would wholly recommend this if you have straight eye lashes, but I think that is the only benefit of this mascara
  • I fail to see what benefit the bendiness of the brush is supposed to give us as I found it only bends when I am trying to put it back into the tube and not really when I am actually applying the mascara
  • The other disadvantage I have noticed is that from a front view, my lashes do not actually look as long as they do with other mascaras

• by jeanne71

I thought I would try out this Sexy Curves Mascara from the Rimmel London brand, even though my lashes have a good curl to them as it is, as I can always do with thicker lashes. I found that it did give me curlier lashes and I would wholly recommend this if you have straight eye lashes, but I think that is the only benefit of this mascara. Another benefit I suppose is that it lasts all day without smudging and it still looks just-applied. I did like the cool packaging as well as it comes in chunky, purple metallic tube which looks quite groovy in your make-up bag. Apart from those points, I did not like this mascara.

To describe the

rather strange wand to you; it is straight but very flexible and the ‘brush’ is made up of little plastic spikes that alternate between a section of longer spikes and shorter spikes. I fail to see what benefit the bendiness of the brush is supposed to give us as I found it only bends when I am trying to put it back into the tube and not really when I am actually applying the mascara. Oh well. When I actually apply it, the three sections of longer spikes covers three sections of eyelashes which kind of clump together and it misses out the sections in between. I guess this is the way that the curl is created, but I do not ...

• particularly like the way it looks clumped together and slightly spidery. I did find it easy to reach into the inner and outer corners of my lash line though and I found it pretty easy to remove with eye make up remover.

The other disadvantage I have noticed is that from a front view, my lashes do not actually look as long as they do with other mascaras. They seem kind of short to me, with those clumps as I said. I much prefer a mascara that fans my lashes out more and at least makes them look longer. Although this promises ‘full volume’ I found that my lashes only looked thicker from a side view, but from the front it was

a bit disappointing and my lashes looked rather sparse if anything.

This is not waterproof but I imagine there is probably a waterproof one available. I have the dark brown colour which, when on the lashes, comes out pretty dark.

A friend of mine has lovely long eye lashes but they are pretty straight so I will be recommending she tries this Rimmel Sexy Curves to make the most of them, so they are great for curly lashes, but I do not like the resulting spidery clumps and I do not think they make my lashes look thicker. For that reason I would not personally buy this mascara again. I think I will give mine to that friend of mine and buy myself a different brand.

Rimmel London Sexy Curves Mascara

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313061125480930/k2311a063/6.3.10