Branston Mayo with a twist of Hot Peri Peri Mayonnaise  » Food  »
  • It tasted absolutely gorgeous and this is my favourite sauce for wraps from now on
  • This has loads of flavour that tastes a bit like barbecue to me and it is absolutely delicious
  • I associate Branston with tasty products and I think this Hot Peri Peri Mayo is a total winner

• by jeanne71

Ever since I saw a television commercial for this spicy mayonnaise sauce I have been fantasizing about getting some and now I have tried it, it really is fantastic – it is so, so tasty. In the advert, they squirt it onto a tortilla wrap, add chicken pieces and salad, so that is what I did, although being a veggie I used Quorn chicken pieces. It tasted absolutely gorgeous and this is my favourite

sauce for wraps from now on.

To describe it, it is a orange cream colour with a creamy consistency. It also has a very creamy taste. This is a flavoured mayonnaise and the real kick to the creaminess of the basic mayonnaise is provided by the Hot Peri Peri. I have no idea what hot peri peri is to be honest and on the label they seem to look quite like chilli ...

• peppers. Anyway, I can say that this sauce has quite a lot of heat to it and it made my nose run. But it was hot in a good way! This has loads of flavour that tastes a bit like barbecue to me and it is absolutely delicious. Even though I used this mayo with Quorn (ie. fake) chicken, it brought the flavour out beautifully and really complimented the chicken taste.

You would

not know it from the taste but according to the label, this is actually a reduced fat product! Another good thing about this sauce is the packaging as it comes in a chunky plastic squeezy bottle with a flip top lid at the base, so you do not have to spoon it out you just squirt away.

I associate Branston with tasty products and I think this Hot Peri Peri Mayo is a total winner. Lovely with chicken!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273061125430930/k2311a063/6.3.10