Great Value Garlic Texas Toast
  • I enjoyed eating it with pizza as well as pasta dishes, and even sometimes with meals that consisted of some kind of meat
  • I definitely prefer Texas Toast to regular biscuits or other oven breads
  • It's delicious and sells for a great price, and that's why the Texas Toast gets a 10 rating from me

• by CirclingCanvas

Before ALDI opened up in my area, I used to purchase the Walmart Great Value Garlic Texas Toast because it was the cheapest Texas Toast I could find at just a dollar seventy-four a box for eight slices. That easily beat the national brands like New York Style and Pepperidge Farm as well as the other store brands, like Albertson’s, which runs for over two dollars a

box.

Not only was the price attractive, but the quality of the Texas Toast was just fine and really, if someone put a slice of Great Value Garlic Texas Toast and a slice of a national brand Garlic Texas Toast in front of me but didn’t tell me which was which, I really don’t think I’d be able to tell that person which was Walmart’s brand and which wasn’t.

The Great Value Garlic Texas Toast is pretty much identical in garlic taste to what the national brands put out.

The same can be said about how the Texas Toast smells while it’s cooking or how crispy it comes out of the oven.

The Walmart brand is just as good.

The Texas Toast has a deliciously rich garlic aroma and the texture of the Texas Toast ...

• Great Value Garlic Texas Toast
      is crispy along the edges and a little softer beyond the edges.

I enjoyed eating it with pizza as well as pasta dishes, and even sometimes with meals that consisted of some kind of meat.

I definitely prefer Texas Toast to regular biscuits or other oven breads.

With ALDI open now though, I usually go to them for Texas Toast because it’s eight cents cheaper.

Eight cents

is eight cents! If I’m going to be picking up other things from ALDI, I pick up the Texas Toast too, but I won’t make a special trip to ALDI just for the Texas Toast.

I still then do purchase the Great Value Garlic Texas Toast on occasion.

It’s delicious and sells for a great price, and that’s why the Texas Toast gets a “10″ rating from me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273061125360930/k2311a063/6.3.10