Bobbie Cuticle Remover Solution
2.5
  • It looks neat enough to be noticed while looking generic
  • I bought it in the mall and there are plenty of them stocked in shelves
  • I learned to be careful when using it again but I guess I’ll come up with a better non-staining solution next time

• by jhunie

I’m a bad manicurist if it pertains keeping my nails buffed out. I oftentimes leave it to the nail salon if I really need to have an extensive mani-pedi. I constantly sanitize my hands as a precaution, rather more of a compulsion which causes dryness and discoloration to the nail bed. It’s a consequence as well to my addictive love for nail polishes, I change nail colors as swiftly as changing my outfit. I find most cuticle solutions tend to be abrasive, leaving a rough texture on nails. Or probably I’m just a noob when it comes to shedding my cuticles. A good cuticle remover I have is this Bobbie solution. It looks neat enough to be noticed while looking generic. It does a good job at cleaning my

nails but leaves filthy residue.

I bought it in the mall and there are plenty of them stocked in shelves. I didn’t expect it to be good yet surprised how smooth it was to scratch the pusher over the nail bed. I aced the deed of buffing my nails within minutes. My nails didn’t appear scratched too. The bulleted details printed on its packaging clearly implied its advantages including moisturizing the nails. I can attest it does a great deal indeed of moisturizing nails because upon applying a very thin transparent glossing lacquer, the fluid simply reflected the nice smooth texture of my nails without any dents or abrasive scratches.

I use cotton to absorb an amount then make drops of the solution on each nail. The solution per se is quite volatile.

• In that case, the solution dries faster, therefore, I figured I really have to focus one nail at a time than going through the rest at once. The pusher really harbors the scrubbed cuticle to replenish the nail bed to its new condition, similar to exfoliating skin. The white liquid smells like soap though it doesn’t lather or produce soapy suds.

However, because of some mishap with a streaky nail polish, I had to constantly rebuff my nails repeatedly then start painting my nails all over again. Shortly, when everything was done, I can feel my fingers were getting sticky. My two fingers, a very versatile right thumb and index finger both had filthy dark smears on the tips. I went to the sink to wash it off but it proved

too stubborn to remove. I also applied nail polish remover on those inky finger tips and still the residue remained. The residue was not pleasant to look at because it made my finger tips appear dirty, as in literally like dirt. It has a greenish tint, just like the way henna tattoo smears on skin. I learned to be careful when using it again but I guess I’ll come up with a better non-staining solution next time. The bottle does suggest to wash hands after use to rinse the residue which validates my suspicion. I wish they improve the formula and make it non-staining. Hence, I cannot recommend this product. At the least, I won’t be buying it again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313061125350930/k2311a063/6.3.10